The new Prix daily driver...

SVTINBLAK

Established Member
Picture057.gif

Picture059.gif

Picture056.gif

Picture060.gif

Its a 2005 base sedan.Gave 7g for it...very good condition,although high miles it seems to of been kept up pretty well.It actually spends the front tires with the T/C off....lol...gotta quit doing that!

XtraTQ

Established Member
Congrats on the purchase. What was your DD before?

NXSVTCOBRA

i really don't like how the a/c on them seems to still blow air after the switch is off. if that makes any sense.

I like them nonetheless especially in red...

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice car, its pretty peppy even with the base V6. 200 HP/240 TQ IIRC. Get dual exhaust :D

SVTINBLAK

Established Member
My DD has been a 89 Chevy s-10,It will NOT DIE.Great lil truck,has 170k on it.Has the 2.5 in it that I thought someone told me those engines were made in Japan,not sure if thats true,probably not,but it is still running strong! The GP is very comfortable to sit in,rides nice and smooth,quiet and has the power when its needed.I gave 7g's for it,I believe its worth around 9g's retail.Basically got it wholesale from a little dealership here in town.This dealership moves a lot of vehicles because they do have wholesale prices,but they make up for it in volume.I even bought a 2 yr bumper to bumper warranty to boot.Dont know if that was a waste of money or not but eh,what ya gonna do...
Peace

Blackwood

GroceryGetter w/ Attitude
Established Member
Its a 2005 base sedan.Gave 7g for it...very good condition,although high miles it seems to of been kept up pretty well.It actually spends the front tires with the T/C off....lol...gotta quit doing that!

Good find.

GTP's will spin the tires at 30 mph with the traction control on.

Last time I went to the track, there was a guy running a base model like that. He ran 16.0 consistently all night. Quick enough to beat a Ram Hemi.

I couldn't get him to line up with me.:D

What's the mileage? I'm at 128,000 with mine.

SVTINBLAK

Established Member
Blackwood,
Mine has 100k on the odometer...yes I know that is a lot BUT It was a "fleet" vehicle....so I'm thinking it was maintained well...least it seems to of been.I went
ahead and bought a 2 yr warranty for it as well.I looked into these cars and the 3.8 litre
got pretty good reviews for reliability and low maintenance costs.I was actually going to buy a Ford Tarus,but after driving this GP my mind was made up!I ALMOST bought a 1999 GTP,but I believe they need prem. unleaded?due to the blower. I know there are ways around that kinda but I just don't see prem. gas being too cheap in the future.
What color do you call that on yours...I like it!

Blackwood

GroceryGetter w/ Attitude
Established Member
Blackwood,
Mine has 100k on the odometer...yes I know that is a lot BUT It was a "fleet" vehicle....so I'm thinking it was maintained well...least it seems to of been.I went
ahead and bought a 2 yr warranty for it as well.I looked into these cars and the 3.8 litre
got pretty good reviews for reliability and low maintenance costs.I was actually going to buy a Ford Tarus,but after driving this GP my mind was made up!I ALMOST bought a 1999 GTP,but I believe they need prem. unleaded?due to the blower. I know there are ways around that kinda but I just don't see prem. gas being too cheap in the future.
What color do you call that on yours...I like it!

Mine was a fleet car that I picked up in 2004 with 15,000 miles.

The older GTP's required Premium, however the 04+ models don't require it. It's recommended but not necessary unless you are modded.

The color is Sport Metallic Red

lowered2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread