The new name for 99-01 Cobras (rant)

JoeCobra

Established Member
i to think it was totally lame that they filtered our parts to the sixers but hey what ya gonna do? the car will get a complete stalker kit or maybe saleen conversion soon anyway. plus with my new borla stingers no one in there right mind would mistake it for a sixer! at any rate i've had my 99 cobra for only 3 weeks and i must say i'm perfectly content with it thus far. i like so many others owned a 5.0L before and am new to the scene but the rife in the 99 is just smooth. it's a comfortable car and man does she move when i ask her. i wanted an 03 badly when they came out, but that was way out of my newly married gonna be a daddy budget! so we waited found our near mint 99 and picked her up. i like the new edge design. i think it looks real tough. yes certain components are lacking but the base shell is prime for making a totally mean lookin car.

to all fellow cobra owners ans stang owners alike! :beer:

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
i love my laser red 01' cobra with the 18"s lowered and sounding sweet. It's the only one like it in Clearwater,Fl. 7 more payments and it's mine...can't wait! Z06 on the way but i'll always keep my Cobra.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I see a lot of 03/04 and since ford made over 13000 03's I think we should see a lot. I don't see many 01's around my area at all, I think there are maybe 2 others besides mine. I will take my car w/ a D1sc procharger any day over the 03. The only think I envy in the 03/04 is the T56.

msmap

Lady Snake
Established Member
notchstang92 said:
I will take my car w/ a D1sc procharger any day over the 03. The only think I envy in the 03/04 is the T56.

Any day of the week, the 01's look awesome with their amber tail lights and especially with their engine compartment not having that roots blower covering it all up :rolling:

JJP SVT

Established Member
I love my 99 Cobra. It looks a lot like my 99 GT. But, in my opinion, it's what underneath that counts. Recently I stopped by a Ford dealership, with my Cobra, to look at 05 GT's. Two sales people came out and said, "Nice GT". I smiled, popped the hood, and educated them, in a sincere way, the differences of Cobras through the model years.

Users who are viewing this thread