the new Lexus parallel parks itself

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
8 SPEED?! Maybe an 18 wheeler or whatever but no haven't seen that before in a car. wow
In fact, I saw one of those today, it was a dark grey color. I know that the new SLK mercedes comes with a 7 speed auto and that BMW has an option on a BMW where it will self parallel park itself. It is crazy man.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
i cant even imagine the technology in 8-10 years. But about this parallel parking thing, i dont know if you guys seen that video where these 3 guys are using the parallel parking system in the new lexus, it took them about 15 minutes and they still couldnt get the car to park perfectly.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
Lol ok get back to earth boys...
This Lexus has the worst brakes in its segment tied with the Lincoln Navigator. 70mph-0mph in an astounding 208ft!! Good job Lexus!
And here is how it parks itself: http://www.automobilemag.com/multimedia/video/0610_lexus_ls460_auto_park/

I expected more from Lexus, but looks like they screwed up again. By the way How in the hell are they going to handle the liability issues arousing from that stupid park program that doesn't work the slightest bit?!! :shrug:

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
well... the auto park function on the new LS is designed for parallel parking only... the idiots in that video try to use it to back into sports and stuff... its not meant to do that... only parallel parking... as for the brakes... i can't attest to them but the breaks on my IS350 are much better then they were on my cobra by far... not even a comparasion.

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
8 SPEED?! Maybe an 18 wheeler or whatever but no haven't seen that before in a car. wow
In fact, I saw one of those today, it was a dark grey color. I know that the new SLK mercedes comes with a 7 speed auto and that BMW has an option on a BMW where it will self parallel park itself. It is crazy man.

My wifes new Mercedes has the 7 speed auto and let me tell you it drives me crazy, I usually shift it manually otherwise the car will shift 4 times before you get to 30mph. It is very very smooth when the car is warmed up, you can barely tell it's shifting but when it's cold, manual all the way.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
i agree its awesome. but i heard it takes so long that your better on do it yourself. its an amazing/awesome car though. love to have it!

Users who are viewing this thread