The new Camaro? 425hp? $25K?

Rochard

Established Member
What do you all think of the new Camaro coming out? I'm reading that it will have 425hp and cost about $25k? Is that right?

I remember the last time they made the Camaro it was a bit expensive....

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
I wish this was true, if that thing weighed 3500 pounds it would be an instant hit. The horsepower per pound*dollar would be awesome.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
425hp for 25 grand??? that would be rediculous...I don't think thats realistic or intelligent..I can only imagine how high insurance rates would be on that car....performance per dollar is great, but 425hp for 25 grand seems a little too attainable imo....more idiots can afford 25k than 35k.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I have always heard that it will be pretty much in line w/ the current mustang prices .. I would guess they would try to be a little cheaper. I doubt a 425 hp version will cost $25k .. I would guess it would come in around low to mid 30's up to about high 30s decked out. I would look for a SS type for around 40k ..

Just my thoughts ..

EDIT .. found this here (I dont' think any pricing is set but below sounds reasonable):

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2009-chevrolet-camaro.htm

2008 Chevrolet Camaro Prices: Expect Camaro coupes to start around $25,000 with the V-6, with top-of-the-line V-8 convertible versions breaking $40,000 fully equipped.

Crowley

Last edited:

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
2008 Chevrolet Camaro Prices: Expect Camaro coupes to start around $25,000 with the V-6, with top-of-the-line V-8 convertible versions breaking $40,000 fully equipped.

i thought the camaro was supposed to come out as a 2009 model :shrug:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I think it will be more expensive than the GT's. How are they going to make them cheaper if the production numbers aren't even close to the Mustangs? Unless they cut corners where they can to get it done. Although going off the last one they better not.

SlySy

My son watches My Little Pony???wtf
Established Member
How are they going to make them cheaper if the production numbers aren't even close to the Mustangs?

Camaro, G8, next Impala and that Holden ute (if it makes it over here) will all be on the Zeta Chassis. That will bring the prices down.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
I remember the last time they made the Camaro it was a bit expensive....
Only the dressed up LS1s (SS/TA/WS6) were expensive. The Z-28 was probably the best bang-for-the-buck of its time. Where else could you get a naturally aspirated, 300hp, 6-speed, musclecar for a hair over $22,000 in 2002? That was back when people were paying $30K for Mach 1s and $35K (plus markup) for Terminators. :eek:

I'd like to think that GM would offer a stripped-down Z-28 Camaro again, but I doubt it will happen.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
ive actually read an article about the new camaro that it was going to be $40,000+ Ill see if I can find it again

98CoBrAmIkE

SVT = The Shit
Established Member
and everyone is forgetting that the new camaro weight is set a hair below 4000lbs so its not like its gonna be that fast

Rochard

Established Member
Looks like the info I had was off a bit... Sounds like $25k for their standard car and the 400hp version will cost much more.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
For the Camaro to compete with the Mustang they are going to have to offer a base V8 for 25k. 425hp would likely point to the LS3 and that motor at this point probably cost more than 15k alone so I don't see that happening. I wouldn't doubt that the top offering before they release the SS could have the 430hp LS3 though, and then put the LS7 in the SS.

mustangman2424

Established Member
I heard their V6 version was having trouble costing as much as our GT so I highly doubt that it is true. Either way hp-per-pound doesn't matter because a majority of the people who will buy this car are idiots who never take weight into consideration, not to mention the salesman will never say how much it weighs. I gurantee you that if the Z06 had 600hp and weighed 300 pounds more people would be more willing to buy that even if they had another version that, say, hap 550hp but weighed 300 pounds less. People like bragging about how much hp they have, not how much their car weighs.

Users who are viewing this thread