The new 2011 Explorer, anyone getting one?

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
Hey all, i am stationed in europe so i have not seen one of the new explorers in the flesh yet. Has anyone seen one on the road yet? Are any of you planning on getting one? I want to hear some opinions on how it is in real life.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't have one but I considered it when I was looking for a new vehicle in late November. Decided not to buy another SUV. However, if I was buying an SUV this one would be right at the top, along with the Ford Edge. Both are excellent vehicles. I drove the Edge and was very impressed. Before you decide on the Explorer you might want to drive the Edge. A tad smaller, but IMO it works for most who are looking at small-middle sized SUVs. By the way, Motor Trend just had a great write-up on the 2011 Explorer in their latest issue.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
You may find this helpful;) There have been a few people that have taken deliverey and are VERY happy. I actually sat in a Kona Blue Limited last week while getting a recall fixed on my '02 limited and HOLY SMOKES!!! The quality on the new Explorer was unreal, really made my '02 black on black limited feel very cheap.

I love Explorers and when my checks out and it's not worth fixing, I'll be in the hunt for a black on black(with pecan brown inserts) Limited Explorer:D Trust me, they are worlds ahead of previous Explorer in quality!

[ame=http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=152]2011 Ford Explorer Discussion - Ford Explorer Ranger Enthusiasts "Serious Explorations"®[/ame]

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i absolutely love my 06 that my wife and i bought new in late 05...i can only imagine the 11 is awesome!

my 06 made my old 03 look like and feel like a complete POS

cobra_matt

Established Member
My fiance and I have an '06. We were at the dealership yesterday and there was a White Limited in the show room. We liked it so much we almost bought it that same day. Everything is touch controlled (no buttons except for on the steering wheel), has heated and cooled seats, audio system sounded amazing, seats were super comfortable, leather was nice quality, the overall interior was very nice, the Sync feature is pretty sick, has a keyless ignition and keyless entry (it senses that you have the key with you and you never have to take it out of your pocket), has power lift gate, power folding seats, and the list goes on. If you go check one out you'll definitely want to get one, it's leaps and bounds better than our '06. Our '06 feels like a cheap piece of shit now haha.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
I love my 02', but I think the 11's are ridiculous. Interior/Exterior combination is great!

04Machsy

Established Member
true but the new v-6 is almost as powerfull as the older v-8's. Man i hope they drop a EB 3.5TT in. A 5.0 would be awesome also.!

well the reason i say it is because it was nice having the v8 without having to be in an Expedition. dont get me wrong the Expedition is great its just too big for me

oldmodman

Established Member
I have a 1992.
I'll keep it until it dies.
But I'm a pretty decent mechanic and parts are still really cheap (not from Ford), so I'll keep it running until something dies that costs more than $750.00

I am going to try my hand at painting cars. What better to practice on than a 20 year old Explorer.

I wonder if I can get hold of Saleens Beryllium?

7.62x51

Established Member
I have a 98 Explorer w/ 5.0 and I love it, and its pushing 150,000 miles and running great.

I DO like the new Explorer, but I would be interested to know if Ford is planning on making a 5.0 4x4 model, or atleast a 4x4 w/ V6 3.5TT

I know they offer an AWD, but it would be nice to have a real 4x4 with 4-lo

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
well the reason i say it is because it was nice having the v8 without having to be in an Expedition. dont get me wrong the Expedition is great its just too big for me

Yeah, but what's the point if it makes as much power and gets better gas mileage (unless you're towing)?

Users who are viewing this thread