The NEW 2009 Nissan GTR

MikesTorched05G

Suck IT
Established Member
holy shit! i wasnt really impressed about the rumors i herd about it, becaus ethey were just rumors. but dam, thats a whole lot of car for 68,999 it right up there with a C6Z06 IMHO

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I love it but it's still rice and not a V8.

SO tired of hearing that about the GT-R. There is a reason the previous generation R34 is so hyped up. Its a monster. This one will be no exception at all. It's probably got 20 times more technology in it than a GT500 or even a Z06 for that matter. If it is the same price as a Z, I would take one anyday. Might not be as fast in a straight line stock, but get a tune and up the boost and you'll be racing blown vettes and vipers in no time. Can't wait to see what they are capable of. :rockon:

TRBO VNM

saw some skylines at the dyno day in college park. pretty fre.aking cool to see all wheel steering. defintely some trick stuff. I would take one, but can't afford something like that.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
imo? looks like ass. has like a chevy cobalt rear end, a squished 350z roof and center body, the front end of a porsche and the inside looks cluttered with a giant bulky center console.

sorry but it looks like garbage especially for that price. as far as "21st century technology" that probably consists of gps flip out screen and other stuff you will prolly never use and breaks easy. and besides its rice and overpriced.

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
SO tired of hearing that about the GT-R. There is a reason the previous generation R34 is so hyped up. Its a monster. This one will be no exception at all. It's probably got 20 times more technology in it than a GT500 or even a Z06 for that matter. If it is the same price as a Z, I would take one anyday. Might not be as fast in a straight line stock, but get a tune and up the boost and you'll be racing blown vettes and vipers in no time. Can't wait to see what they are capable of. :rockon:

+ 1000

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I like it. But I all ways had problems with my 350z Track small electric motors. Window regulators, tunk hatch not opening...ect.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
holy shit! i wasnt really impressed about the rumors i herd about it, becaus ethey were just rumors. but dam, thats a whole lot of car for 68,999 it right up there with a C6Z06 IMHO

it beat the Z06, Lambo Murci and even the Koensegg?? at the Nurburgring time trials....beat the vette by 10 seocnds or so....REALLY nice car for the money

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The thing is pretty much engineered to be a handling machine, and this time they boosted the power to keep up with the horsepower wars going on in America. Everyone is so amazed at how fast it went around the Nurburgring, but it was designed to do just that. Read all the reviews, they pretty much modeled the car after the 911 Turbo, just with a cheaper price tag.

Last time they made a Skyline, Nissan was still limited by the 'gentlemans agreement' between them, Honda, Toyota and Mazda to not make a car with more than 286hp. If you go back to the late 90's and look at stats of the Skyline R34, RX-7, Supra, and NSX, they all have hp numbers at or around 286, even though some of these cars were severely underrated. They didn't want the horsepower wars in Japan to get out of control, which apparently now they couldn't care less about. Nissan knows everyone in the world is waiting for this car to be released, so they aren't going to disappoint.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread