The money these things must cost....Unreal.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
Some have 4 turbine engines...I dont even know what the one at the end has. Looks like a circle of engines.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3eRru7LfMw&feature=related"]YouTube- Tractor Pulling Weseke 2008[/ame]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That some pretty cool background into on that tractor. Thanks for posting it. I love tractor pulling!

Dan, I also love your Rio Red Cobra. :rockon:

BlkY2k

Established Member
Wow, how would ya like to run the valves on that big Bitch every run?
P1010320.jpg

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
The engine in the last tractor is called a Zvezda M503, it's a 147 liter, 42 cylinder radial diesel engine from Russian missile boats in the 70's, makes 10.000hp estimated

Here's a ton of build pics of that tractor:

Picasa-Webalben - Sascha - Building Drag...

Wow that is crazy complicated looking!

I am not a tractor pull expert, but it didn't look like that last tractor did as well as some of the others. All that work and it looks like their other tractor did better.

Still awesome none the less! :rockon:

oilwell1415

Established Member
Tractor pulling rules. The first date I took my wife on was to a tractor pull/monster truck show.

I didn't start looking until about half way through, but I think they reweighted the sled or changed classes mid way through. Sometimes there are multiple weight classes for tractors and lots of guys just add weight to their tractor and run again.

I saw two radial engines in there. The last one, and there was another one earlier that may have been a Pratt and Whitney. Hard to tell with the shroud they had on it. Nothing sounds better than a WWII surplus avaition engine. Allison or Rolls either one, they sound awesome.

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
I don't get it. More dull than cat turds.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
That is tractor pulling to the extreme. Art Arfonz used jet engine YEARS ago for tractor pulling with up to two of them and was the top guys for years. The wheels speeds on some pull tractors is over 200mph. Some of the ones in this vid seem to be overly complicated lol.

bam

Established Member
Damn I bet that is loud as HELL in person! I wonder what some of those would run in the 1/4 mile?

When I was young and went to Monster Jam with my dad, I used to dread the damn tractors because they were so loud. Never saw anything as crazy as the Russian sub motor, but some quad-v8s and such. Things terrified me.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
It only makes sense for us as svtp to sponsor and build one for the open class.

5 terminator motors, 4 in front and 1 in back, all with whipples.

Would be an easy win. :burnout:

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
When I was a kid my Dad use to take me to this stuff...I was so bored by the 3rd tractor pull. I couldn't wait for the Monster trucks to come out! Big Foot FTW.

oilwell1415

Established Member
It only makes sense for us as svtp to sponsor and build one for the open class.

5 terminator motors, 4 in front and 1 in back, all with whipples.

Would be an easy win. :burnout:

I think that would be a little out classed by the other tractors. As good as the Terminator engines are, I think they'll have a little trouble competing against something with 5 giant stroker big blocks with blowers, or a quartet of Allison V-12's.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
I think that would be a little out classed by the other tractors. As good as the Terminator engines are, I think they'll have a little trouble competing against something with 5 giant stroker big blocks with blowers, or a quartet of Allison V-12's.

Teh Terminator can NEVA LOSE!!!

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I love tractor pulls! They're so loud that you literally can't see straight when they're at full throttle! Your eyes just kind of vibrate in your head. lol. This part is complete hearsay, but I've been told that a lot of the guys use detuned top fuel motors, meaning some of the 4 engine ones would be putting out around 20,000 hp or so.

Users who are viewing this thread