The Mistress is Dead.. Track Concrete FTW

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Well guys I have some new news. I’ve been a Terminator then Shelby guy for a long time but since the crash and parting out I changed it up. I was looking for a good deal on another fully built Shelby but decided to change it up abit and go another route. 16’ PP GT twin turbo/built auto. Don’t flame me too bad since who knows if I miss banging the gears and the whine of the SC I just may be back for another Shelby.

I will be making another post in the appropriate section of the car and will throw the link in this thread about it for those of you interested. I will still be monitoring this section to chime in or help people out where I can.
View attachment 1611457 View attachment 1611456 View attachment 1611455

Same thing i did LOL.

A Coyote car will always be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster for similar money invested, although not nearly as cool as the Shelby.

Congrats.. you'll love it!! (I love mine haha).

merkyworks

Established Member
Congrats man, should be a fast setup! Very curious to read your comparison write up/post once you've had enough seat time.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
Same thing i did LOL.

A Coyote car will always be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster for similar money invested, although not nearly as cool as the Shelby.

Congrats.. you'll love it!! (I love mine haha).

Haha nice that’s kind of what I’m thinking too.

5A210011-1113-4D86-B866-81D3522736F7.jpeg

986rwhp @ 15psi. Once I build a sleeved engine crank it to 30 and let her eat! Lol

Congrats man, should be a fast setup! Very curious to read your comparison write up/post once you've had enough seat time.

Thanks, ya too bad I’ll have to wait until April to try it since it’s winter here.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Haha nice that’s kind of what I’m thinking too.

View attachment 1611513

986rwhp @ 15psi. Once I build a sleeved engine crank it to 30 and let her eat! Lol

Thanks, ya too bad I’ll have to wait until April to try it since it’s winter here.

Hahahaha! Thats insane. I made 913 on 12.5 psi and went 147 mph on 11 psi 2 weeks before i dyno'd it.

Love these damn cars!

Im actually building a motor for mine this winter.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
Hahahaha! Thats insane. I made 913 on 12.5 psi and went 147 mph on 11 psi 2 weeks before i dyno'd it.

Love these damn cars!

Im actually building a motor for mine this winter.

Damn nice man! What’s the specs on yours? This is a Armaggedon tt kit with Gtx 3582r’s and a Brett Lasala built 6r80.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn nice man! What’s the specs on yours? This is a Armaggedon tt kit with Gtx 3582r’s and a Brett Lasala built 6r80.

My kit is somewhat custom done by me in my garage based on a CX Racing kit for a manual trans car.. my car is auto so i had to customize a LOT of stuff to make it work. Not to mention the kit is not complete to begin with. Long story, but below is my build thread. Lots of good info there if you ever need it.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/2018-twin-turbo-build.1168313/

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
My kit is somewhat custom done by me in my garage based on a CX Racing kit for a manual trans car.. my car is auto so i had to customize a LOT of stuff to make it work. Not to mention the kit is not complete to begin with. Long story, but below is my build thread. Lots of good info there if you ever need it.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/2018-twin-turbo-build.1168313/

Damn man that’s some solid skills amazing job you did! You should really give that thread an update now too!

merkyworks

Established Member
@gimmie11s @RazorGTP

In all seriousness do yall miss the "GT500" factor of the car? I know isn't not a fair comparison being S197 Vs S550 but still curious. All these auto coyote SC/Turbo builds are throwing down SICK times/numbers and it's hard to argue with the cost to performance ratio. Does this make up for the non-GT500 factor or is it "just a 5.0/GT"?

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
I know that car, I believe Austin had it last didn't he? Man that Armageddon kit is nice!

Yes it was Austin Holley’s. I’m from 2500mi away in Canada and had a buddy drive down a couple days ago to pick it up. He’s supposed to be back with it on Sat but with that crazy snow storm in the Midwest it looks like he’ll be holding up in Tennessee.

@gimmie11s @RazorGTP

In all seriousness do yall miss the "GT500" factor of the car? I know isn't not a fair comparison being S197 Vs S550 but still curious. All these auto coyote SC/Turbo builds are throwing down SICK times/numbers and it's hard to argue with the cost to performance ratio. Does this make up for the non-GT500 factor or is it "just a 5.0/GT"?

From my experience I have never even sat in an s550 yet so can’t answer. In fact, I won’t even be able to drive it until April. I don’t think it will have the cool factor as the Shelby did, especially being a 13/14 but being Canadian, it just so expensive to make the Shelby fast. If something costs you say $20k to do, it means it costs me about $38k! Exchange rate, shipping and duties are killer.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
@gimmie11s @RazorGTP

All depends on what youre after. Me personally, ive always been a drag strip guy.. im most impressed with HP numbers and drag strip performance. That's just me.

I loved my Shelby and will probably have another some day, but honestly, i get just as many compliments out in the wild with my 5.0 as i did my GT500.

Theyre all great cars but the new coyote-based stuff is going to be the best performance-wise vs. the $$ spent.

I have about $7k total in aftermarket parts on my car that makes over 900 whp. That is certainly the exception due to how cheap i am LOL-- but coyotes are dirt cheap to build.

Im building a motor for my car and have a brand new FRPP bare block being shipped to me right now as we speak and it cost me $850.

RBB

Established Member
Nice, glad you found something man. I think you'll ultimately be happier with the S550, $ for $ it's just flat out going to be a faster car.

Users who are viewing this thread