The Masters

rtdakota

Established Member
With getting our tickets and booking our travel it is now real. We are going to The Masters in April and I am stoked.

My best friend and I along with his Father and Grandfather are going to be attending for the first time and can not wait for the experience. Both him and I played competitive golf growing up and have always wanted to go and finally have the chance. :rockon:

Anyone ever been?

Just wanted to voice(text) my excitement.

See ya in Augusta.... :rolling:

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
Yep. Been alot. Live 20 minsw from there. Wife will be 9 months pregnunt this year so no go for me. Its beautiful you will really enjoy it. Bring comfortable shoes!!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I have never understood how anyone can sit/stand there all day and watch golf, I mean I dont like playing it either, but I can at least understand why someone would like to play it just not watch it, its so boring

rtdakota

Established Member
That's awesome! Report back afterwards and tell us about it.

Will do. I'll make sure I have some decent pictures to post.

Yep. Been alot. Live 20 minsw from there. Wife will be 9 months pregnunt this year so no go for me. Its beautiful you will really enjoy it. Bring comfortable shoes!!

Will be bringing comfortable shoes. Quick question since you live in Aiken. We are flying into Columbia and staying just outside Columbia on I20 since we couldn't find anything reasonable in Aiken/Augusta. If you know anything about it, how long will the average drive be getting from Columbia to Augusta?

And for the post asking about why anyone would want to watch golf all day, well, all I can say is that it is Augusta National, The Masters, golf history.... If you were a golfer, you would understand. :beer:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Its fun if you enjoy golf. Whats really cool is that its not just pro golfers there. You get all sorts of celebrities from sports to entertainment.

Johnsonboy

Established Member
The drive should be about an hour from Columbia to Augusta but traffic on Washington Road is going to be heavy so plan for that too.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Will be bringing comfortable shoes. Quick question since you live in Aiken. We are flying into Columbia and staying just outside Columbia on I20 since we couldn't find anything reasonable in Aiken/Augusta. If you know anything about it, how long will the average drive be getting from Columbia to Augusta?

Columbia is roughly an hour away normally. Although it being masters week, it's gonna take probably an extra hour depending on where your going to park.

rtdakota

Established Member
It sure will be beautiful!!

I'd love to go, but it won't be the same if Eldrick aint there. :nonono:

I agree that it won't be the same without Eldrick, but I have a feeling(maybe just me hoping) that he might make his debut for the 2010 season at The Masters. I say this because it is the most controlled environment he will see on a tour event because of such strict guidelines on who they give press credentials too.

One can hope....

bone stock

Established Member
I'm insanely jealous. How did you get tickets? I heard there is a decade wait on those things.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I have several friends that go down. They always say that it's a good time.

Redmustang47

Mustang Obsessed
Established Member
amen corner is considered the #5 most spectaular sports venue in the world. make sure you spend time there.

pg2_g_augusta2_580.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Who? :lol1:

Seriously, though, it will still be a great event even though Woods won't be playing. Life and sports go on.

Users who are viewing this thread