The M112 will cry out, the day is upon us.

HIErPwRd

Established Member
On the 11th hour of this Friday March 31, 2006, the Eaton M112 will sing...
Opened wide it will cry out a joyous song for all to hear, as there is so much to be celebrated, 13 years of hard work and heart ache, the automotive world as it was once known will never be the same.

Three letters exemplifying so much to so many of us.
.S V T.

As the second hand slowly ticks on, this is indeed the last page of the final chapter.
A book so few were ever given the opportunity to read.

I remember when I first heard that Colletti was said to have left the team.
Didnt completely make sense to me, but in my eyes he as much as anyone, was responsible for taking just another 'pony car' and crafting it into something that somehow triggered an indescribeable passion inside of me.
Only a car, right?
yeah.
I suppose so.

If it werent for the 2003 Cobra, I would have 1000's of hours- literally- put towards other relationships, projects, career moves, prayer, working out etc.
Most would argue that the time invested into this 'interest' could have been more constructively spent- I dont know that I could disagree.

A hard drive cluttered with videos and images, a decent familiarity with one particular make and model vehicle, an all but depleted budget and an ever present craving for the next modification.
Off hand I suppose that is all I have to show for what most would say is nothing more than an interest or hobby.

Outside of that I have a passion and a sincere appreciation.
Thats what really matters, and I know I speak for most all of you.
The Cobra epitomizes as well as any other sports car out there what a middle class All American man can work for and someday have the opportunity to drive.
For me it was a dream.
For 2+ years...
"Oh Three Cobra"- countless times the phrase would come to mind no matter what my day might entail.
The rare occasion I might see one on the street, read about one in the magazines, even just day dreaming and pondering as to what it must be like to own one.
The dozens and dozens of times I would replay Blades 'What it is to burn' video..
A true fascination.

I finally bought my first Terminator earlier this month, and yeah its quicker, alot more graceful and a little bit more refined that my 99, but yep- its only a car.
And you all are right, its not perfect.
But I love it.
And I wholeheartedly appreciate all the work that was put into developing this car, and equally as much I appreciate the passion so many of you have shown on this forum.

I have spoken with a number of SVT reps over the last couple of weeks, and to an extent, they know my appreciation.
I figured it was only right to express my graditude to you all.
Outside of these cars and trucks, this community is now all that is left.

I celebrate with you and perhaps for sometime we may mourn.

At 11:59pm of this 31st Day of March Two Thousand and Six, the M112 will sing out in celebration.

As midnight falls upon us the M112 will again cry out.
It is done.

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
so sad....but i'm glad i have been able to/will continue to be for much time, a part of the SVT community
i love my cobra and really enjoy what it has brought me to. from SVTOA events, small local SVT/ford meets, going to the track, working on the car, being able to say i have an 04 cobra "terminator", and everything else that goes along with it.

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Amen!!!!! Ive met many great people from her to the other side of the country. Its not just a car its a LIFESTYLE!!!!!!

redline

Established Member
i say that if you own a 03-04 you own the best.i am sure there will be people saying different but thats their opinion.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Damn.........The end of an era. In my opinion, SVT will never die, but live through our love and devotion for our cars. Not everyone can say they have an SVT, and I'm proud to be a owner and enthusiast of such a great hobbie and lifestyle. :beer:

Sad to see it go......... It's been a wild ride!

One day I'll have an L sittin in my stable right next to the Snake...... :rockon:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Well said. Hats off to HIErPwRd .....

I love the Cobra.

Glad I am part of the SVT legend.

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
it makes me want to cry because i feel like it's the end but i know its really not...i have yet to buy my svt cobra and soon i'll have the pride that goes along with owning a piece of automotive perfection...sure i'll only have a 1999 cobra and its no terminator but it's still a part of history and i can't wait to say that i own a svt cobra.......we'll just have one more vehicle roll out of svt and it is a good way to end it all with the fastest production mustang of all time and then we will have to dream of what could have been when the next new mustang rolls around but we will always be able to say that nothing beats svt

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
SVT will live on through those of us who possess their refined vehicles and continue to grow in numbers through sites like SVTP!

snakebite2

"o snap"
Established Member
you could care less sounds like something a rice driver would say :lol: you missed the point :idea: it means no more cobra's. this is for the smart people well said everyone and im glad to be a part of the cobra family. :rockon:

Last edited:

Machinator

Banned
snakebite2 said:
you could care less sounds like something a rice driver would say :lol: you missed the point :idea: it means no more cobra's. this is for the smart people well said everyone and im glad to be a part of the cobra family. :rockon:

I didnt miss the point, all you guys are crying because they arent calling it an svt cobra anymore, well who cares there is now a shelby cobra. Oh and what about the mach1 it wasnt produced by svt and it was just as special. I dont sound like a ricer, I am just a realist who likes FORD performance no matter what they call it.

Users who are viewing this thread