The L has a twin......

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
yeah, if i remember correctly, it was the copper head truck. it really just sets off the truck. i cant wait till a car show and pull the top off and let the tail gate down and just show it off. lol. should get alot of looks.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
i was told it was custom made. but not sure where it was done at. the truck was out of NC about 2 years ago. thats about all i know. but thanks for the props. might be something we could use as a template to make a few more kits. hummmmm... lol

That's a great idea.:rockon::rockon:

noahdr

Established Member
They make wood kits for the bed...I saw an episode of Trucks where they put one in on a new Silverado. No drilling or anything required....
Not my cup of tea, but it looked VERY easy to install.

04SVTFORD

Established Member
I like the retro look of the wood bed, I was actually talking to a friend of mine about this a couple of months ago thinking it would look good, different, and definatly up the cool factor... The only thing that has held me back, besides finances, has been the weight it would add considering we already drive a truck which, is far from being light... Very nice though!

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Not my liking on the wooden bed. But was done very nicely. Would love to have two lightnings for one to be my daily driver.

Exdecuk

Established Member
Hmmm, got me thinking. My bed is scraped up so maybe get some fiberglass strips and instead of stainless maybe do zinc strips. Woodgrain the fiberglass in a nice "Birds Eye Maple" my favorite & considering i do this for a living should be easy its just finding time lol :D Saves on the weight too :rockon:

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
i live in dothan, pm me and ill send you my number and you can come and check them out. it would be nice to see some other L's around here.

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
Why do you need so many vehicles?

:lol: you sound like my ol lady now. :fart: i figured, i like the lightning, so why not have 2 of them, besides, i sold my 69ss that was just sitting in my garage, and i wanted a Lightning i could do stuff to. and my other lightning is still under warrenty till 2012, or another 40k miles. so why not get another one and mod the crap out of it? lol,

and yeah, boy toyz!!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread