The "I got a '13 GT" threads are in full effect.

SicShelby09

Banned
And I for one am happy for those folks. But I can honestly say that this is the first car I have owned, where I didnt want the newer model. There is a laundry list of cosmetic reasons why I wouldnt want one, but Im glad they didnt change the drivetrain. There is no doubt that the new GT is a hit even I think they took a step back in terms of looks. What does everyone else who has an 11-12 think, and will you be upgrading?? No hating or flames in here please.

:banana:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
And I for one am happy for those folks. But I can honestly say that this is the first car I have owned, where I didnt want the newer model. There is a laundry list of cosmetic reasons why I wouldnt want one, but Im glad they didnt change the drivetrain. There is no doubt that the new GT is a hit even I think they took a step back in terms of looks. What does everyone else who has an 11-12 think, and will you be upgrading?? No hating or flames in here please.

:banana:

Wait, you say no hating or flaming but that's exactly what you appear to be doing to the 13s :shrug:

Being completely unbiased there are things I like and dislike about both in the cosmetic department. If I had to choose between the two and they were both the same price and brand new I'd pick the 2013 easily. Both are very nice cars though.

Last edited:

jj6077

Established Member
I have a 2011 and although i think the '13s do have good points I can't seem to justify upgrading. The bad points are that the painted skirts make the car look enormous and I personally hate how the front end looks. The taillights imo are better looking, but thats about it.

corruptor

Established Member
I prefer the 11-12 styling, but think the 13s have better options packaging. Would much prefer the Recaro and Track Pack options over the Brembo pack.

Only styling cue I prefer on the 13s is the heat extractors/hood louvers. Really wish they were available on the 11-12s.

On another note, as each day goes by, my regret increases slightly for not getting a Boss outright instead of spending money here and there modding my GT. The main turnoffs for me with the Boss was the dealer markup and the exterior graphics - but dealer markup seems to be non existent now, and I suppose I could live with the graphics.

SicShelby09

Banned
Wait, you say no hating or flaming but that's exactly what you appear to be doing to the 13s :shrug:

Being completely unbiased there are things I like and dislike about both in the cosmetic department. If I had to choose between the two and they were both the same price and brand new I'd pick the 2013 easily.

Say what?? I was talking about hating or flaming on eachother for their views on the 11-12 vs 13. You just did that to me....LOL Anyway, in my head I have good reasons why I dont like it.

1. Body colored side skirts and valances. It makes it look like it has some cheap Cervinis body kit. Ricerish IMHO

2. Gloss black blackout panel between tails. That looks great for the moment, but just like any black car its going to show swirls and scratches the second someone touches it. And that place also happens to be where the rear of the car gets the dirtiest from road dust. God help you when you wash it.

3. That front looks out of place on the GT. It looks right to me on the GT500, because that car just looks beefier in general. But on the GT it makes the car look like it has a huge nose. Not digging it at all.

4. Not liking the tail lights either. They seem gimmicky to me for some reason. But I have to say, they may grow on me. We will have to see what they look like in person. I fell in love with my rears from the moment I saw them.

These are just my opinions, and I know that they would bother me if I got one of the '13 cars. But congrats to those who did get one. Either way, they are badass. Just not my cup of tea.

:burnout:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
GT/CS is still my favorite in both model, but I'm biased. Would be a complete waste of money to upgrade IMO even though I'd like to have the Recaro's.

Both models have there asthetic good and bad points. GT500 still has the best looking nose by far (again IMO).

lukem80

Established Member
2.56 posts per day!!! trolololololoololol

to me its the same damn car with a different bumpers, hood and tailights.

pick your poison I guess. any of those 'ugly' features of the new car can be modified to fit your tastes

Only reason I bought a 2012 is due to pricing since the 2013s were about to come out. I would've done the same thing in 2016 if the 2017s were 'new'

ViciousJay

Established Member
i like the head lights, tails, and recaro seats and new gauges, other then that they can keep it. all of which im sure will be hot swappable in the next few months. Ill keep my 2011.

honestly the 13 looks bloated like a camaro to me

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Say what?? I was talking about hating or flaming on eachother for their views on the 11-12 vs 13. You just did that to me....LOL Anyway, in my head I have good reasons why I dont like it.

1. Body colored side skirts and valances. It makes it look like it has some cheap Cervinis body kit. Ricerish IMHO

2. Gloss black blackout panel between tails. That looks great for the moment, but just like any black car its going to show swirls and scratches the second someone touches it. And that place also happens to be where the rear of the car gets the dirtiest from road dust. God help you when you wash it.

3. That front looks out of place on the GT. It looks right to me on the GT500, because that car just looks beefier in general. But on the GT it makes the car look like it has a huge nose. Not digging it at all.

4. Not liking the tail lights either. They seem gimmicky to me for some reason. But I have to say, they may grow on me. We will have to see what they look like in person. I fell in love with my rears from the moment I saw them.

These are just my opinions, and I know that they would bother me if I got one of the '13 cars. But congrats to those who did get one. Either way, they are badass. Just not my cup of tea.

:burnout:

haha

1 & 4 are big improvements imo. Usually "ricerish" cars have unpainted body kits on them so not really understanding your point there. #2 doesn't bother me either way and I agree with you on #3. I don't care for the front bumper at all. The new tail lights are just plain sexy.

Last edited:

Night-Mare

Established Member
Myself...not a fan of the 13's whatsoever. Just don't like the style changes that were made. The plastic around the license plate looks like an autozone add-on. Definitely a much more feminine look to the 13's, whereas I feel my 12 CS looks like a rampaging hell horse looking to eat someone. But that's me and I understand some folks will like the 13's and hate the 11/12's. I'm okay with that, I'm happy and I hope others are to regardless of year.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I'm glad I've got the '12 as well. From some angles, in some colors I think the '13's look great. But in some colors they look a b it fat and bulbous to me.

I would love the 55r option on my car along with the recaro seats though.

teamstorm02

Established Member
I love my 12'! When the first came out I didn't like the rear end like most everyone else, now they seem to be coming around. So I think the same will happen with the 13'. A few things I don't like is the black area where the license plate goes. Why not keep it the same color of the car? Also, that the area between the tail lights being black. I think it should be an option not standard. Now a few things I really like are tail lights, recaros, and the Trac pack. Bumpers and things like that, you can replace as the market starts to grow for the 13-14.

psucobra

Established Member
I saw my first 13 in person yesterday. I personally do not like the hog nose on the 13. With the fogs in the grille and the v6 lower valance it seems a little too busy. Strangely I can tolerate the nose more on the GT500, but then 650hp can make you tolerate a lot. I do like the new gauges, Torsen, and Recaros, but pricing with these options is getting out of control.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I think what O/P is getting at is we need a new section for the 2013 model guys and gals so 11-12 owners can get back to racecar talk. I really dont wanna see anymore threads about "what intake should i get".

Last edited:

87hatchy

Established Member
I do like the new gauges, Torsen, and Recaros, but pricing with these options is getting out of control.

x100000. And for the love of all that is holy, why is leather not standard on base and premium? One of the most noticeable differences between base and premium is leather. I do not want to pay 4k for leather (I know theres much more than leather so dont even start...). I wish they would just raise the base price by 1,000 and make leather standard then I would go base model all day long

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread