Established Member
I could not agree more.

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-greatest-modern-mustang-1636045742

Dianeand00R.png

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess, depends on what the qualifications were.

They only made 300 of them. Badass car.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I like the Cobra R but I think the greatest modern Mustang is the 03 Cobra...IRS, and first blower SVT product, putting it on par with Corvettes.

Rotzs99

Established Member
For those of you who have have been in the dark, listen to the engine of the Gods piloted by a crazy cheesehead.

[youtube_browser]bpyLOGt9N4w[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]VXnL8vLkknc[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

DaBigBone

Established Member
Guess it depends on what they were comparing it to... Awesome car? Sure. Greatest modern mustang? Nah.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Everybody has their own opinion as to the top dog modern Mustang, but I won't dispute those who believe the '00 R is it. I've always wanted to own one. Now, I dream. LOL. A NA motor making just about the same power (385/385) as the 2003-2004 Cobra (an awesome Mustang in its own right), and maybe the only Mustang that wouldn't scream for mods. I'd be very happy to keep it bone stock. Not a Mustang you'd want to cruise too long in (very harsh), but take it to the twisties and let the adrenalin flow.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I like the Cobra R but I think the greatest modern Mustang is the 03 Cobra...IRS, and first blower SVT product, putting it on par with Corvettes.

You mean first blown SVT Mustang correct? I think the Cobra R was on par with the same year Vette too. I agree with you tho lol

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
They are head turners in person. I had one pass me on the highway going through Annapolis, it screamed race car.

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
Not a Mustang you'd want to cruise too long in (very harsh), but take it to the twisties and let the adrenalin flow.
You would be surprised how forgiving the suspension can be. It is not as harsh are you would think. That said, there is now sound deadening, no AC, and floor gets very how with those Bassani mids right below your feet. As long as speeds are up you don't notice most of this, but when you slow down things heat up quick.

Users who are viewing this thread