The Good News and the Bad News.

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
Well I certainly have had an eventful 2 days...Yesterday I told the Cobra out a nice cruise because the weather was beautiful. Well...they were tar and chipping a side road and managed to drag all the gravel...and I mean ALOT.. into the road. So anyways I promptly end up going through all this gravel and it blended in to the road so until it sounded like I was going through a hail storm I didnt realize what was happening. Well the rocks managed to destroy my paint including the whole front that I just had painted a couple months ago, my windshield, at least 3 of my chrome wheels are chipped and my headlights and foglights are chipped pretty good now. I even had the rocks bouncing off my roof. So I had to contact the responsible party(govt) who promptly came over looked and my car and told me they would make stuff right to just get a $ figure. Well the damage was appraised today at a little over 5K so far, this includes a full new repaint new windshield etc. But between the insurance co's I managed to spend half the day yesterday and today on the phone so it was really stressful. So the car goes in the shop next monday and should be out @ friday. Well my good news is I got a 2.81 pulley put on today and a custom tune from Rick at Amazon Racing who is awesome to deal with and helped me a bunch learning to download my tune into my predator. I love how the car feels now. That made my whole day.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I am surprised that they are willing to cover the cost. On the bright side....you'll have a brand new paint job.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
good deal, i would be so pissed off if that happened to me.....but hay..u get a new paint job and go fast :rockon:

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
I was pissed. A little while down the road I chased down the dump truck in front of me I was going to give him a piece of my mind but decided to handle it cool headed. Yeah I wasnt the only one it happened to. The busted a windshield in a car that was a dealer only windshield to the tune of $2200. At least I think mine is only @ 600 or so.

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
Rt 23 passing Jolly Acres southbound. I liked to take mine out for an occasional cruise but I am starting to rethink that now. After I get it painted I am considering locking it in the garage. But I want to enjoy it.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
im very suprised there covering the cost. generally they say its pat of the joy of driving and a typical road hazard. at least ou get a fresh new paint job.

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
The manager admitted that his drivers were at fault, they were not securing their loads or covering them as required by law. He was there 10 minutes after the call came in. Luckily he is a car buff too so he completely understood. It wasnt just a couple rocks the road was practically covered. It was bouncing off signs and houses. People were not happy. The manager was very nice and helpful and said he has to resolve alot of these calls. Hey my tax dollars are paying for it anyways :) I dont drive my car alot, I have it under collector car insurance and work very hard to keep it looking nice. I was worried I was being a bit picky but the adjustor assured me I wasnt. He told me one of the vettes injured at Carlisle was a limited edition with 40 miles got one chip and will be over 50K to fix and it wont be orginal then

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

sorry to here and yes, they do cover these things. I damaged a wheel on a prior car because of a pot hole and could have had it replaced, but at $150 bucks it wasn't worth the hassle

micksnip

Established Member
Unbelievable! Was this the State Hwy Admin? What dolts! Hey, from my 03, I have a lot of experience with getting paint redone. If the entire car is being redone, keep in mind that there are rubber surrounds around the ft and rear windshields, and in order to do the job right the first time, the paint shop must remove the windows (and everything else trim-wise), paint the car, then put em back in with new rubber surrounds. Oh, Lord, that was some experience for me, and then it came out terrible-that's why I don't have the black 03 any more. Just a few tips-meet the shop mgr, prep crew, and painter. Get it in writing that they'll remove everything-mirrirs, door handles, sail panels, rubber window mouldings, the plastic hood vents-no taping over anything! Ask for a call to see it after it's prepped and before it's painted. And make sure they remove the LICENSE PLATE-son't get my blood pressure up-my dolts at one of Mt Airy's Ford dealers (no names or I'll get sued) taped over the license plate, mirrors, and door handles, then painted the rubber windshield gaskets, then used a wrong color black, on and on and on-90 + days in the shop-I was so mad, I could've chewed tin foil! Don't let it happen to you.
Micksnip

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
that sucks. but its cool that the state stepped up and did the right thing.

I bent two on my rims on my camaro a few years ago because of an unmarked 4" deep trench in the road and the state of California to me to GFM.

Tom

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I think you're very lucky the state employee was willing to take care of this. I'd consider that the good news, and the pully is just icing on the cake.:D

Oh, and that's why I drive a race track beater. I'd stress too much over a car in really good shape. I don't know how some of you guys do it?

Last edited:

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
micksnip said:
Unbelievable! Was this the State Hwy Admin? What dolts! Hey, from my 03, I have a lot of experience with getting paint redone. If the entire car is being redone, keep in mind that there are rubber surrounds around the ft and rear windshields, and in order to do the job right the first time, the paint shop must remove the windows (and everything else trim-wise), paint the car, then put em back in with new rubber surrounds. Oh, Lord, that was some experience for me, and then it came out terrible-that's why I don't have the black 03 any more. Just a few tips-meet the shop mgr, prep crew, and painter. Get it in writing that they'll remove everything-mirrirs, door handles, sail panels, rubber window mouldings, the plastic hood vents-no taping over anything! Ask for a call to see it after it's prepped and before it's painted. And make sure they remove the LICENSE PLATE-son't get my blood pressure up-my dolts at one of Mt Airy's Ford dealers (no names or I'll get sued) taped over the license plate, mirrors, and door handles, then painted the rubber windshield gaskets, then used a wrong color black, on and on and on-90 + days in the shop-I was so mad, I could've chewed tin foil! Don't let it happen to you.
Micksnip

I personally have know the painter for 9 years and my husband has known him for 20+. He is gifted with the paint gun. He does alot of custom work and restorations and I have not found a flaw in any and I am very picky. My dad got a 12K paint job when he restored his Shelby and I picked it apart, He has to take it back multiple times. I cant believe they taped over your liscense plate. What an idiot!!!The car should only be in the shop for @ 5-7 days, I told them to take their time no rush. I decided to pay extra and switch to the S281 spoiler while its in there too so I am really excited to see how it all turns out.

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
i will post pics as soon as I get it back. I am also thinking about putting Chrome FR500's on it. I opted to go with repro wheels so I can get some 10.5's for the back for cheaper than the factory chrome wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread