The Ford GT is the Greatest car ever built(no 56k)

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
thanks for the new back ground!!!
fordgt3s.jpg

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
You are an excellent author of posts :) your strikingly similar to my favorite novelist, Pat Conroy!

... btw, you put me right in the drivers seat of the GT with that post. I think I just turned into a Ford guy, what does Chevy have for the GT? and no, the C5R doesn't count.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Last edited:

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
Unbelievable! Great pics. You got to get a video! Please, a 0-150mph blast would be outstanding:rockon:

SaleenSR

Established Member
I was wondering, does your father work for Ford? Do you? I ask this because I would like to know how you got Ford to let you test drive the GT?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
I agree, the best car ever made!!! I only hope to get a ride in one some day. Thanks for your post, and all the pics!!!

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
You rule for posting pics but you suck for not posting vids. ;-)

If I'm ever on the road and I see one I'll crash my Cobra out of respect.

fordification

Established Member
I am in aaah over this car. Always have been, always will be. Ever since I saw the original Mk car way back, it has been a love affair. From the beginning I always said that Ford should recreate this car, and they have done it with amazing results.

Here's my new desktop.
Originally posted by The DBK
And now...the pics...

neighbor2s.jpg

Except somebody needs to photoshop in a real cool license plate. Something like 'GT-1'. Can't really think of anything right now.

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Originally posted by shanker
You rule for posting pics but you suck for not posting vids. ;-)

Like I would have the opportunity to get into a Ford GT and not have a camcorder on standby. :-D

Unfortunately however, for the time being, the footage will have to remain along with the ex-girlfriends in the "private" collection;-)

Koolaid_Guy

Bravo on the post DBK and the pics truly amazing that car, everynight i watch the review of it from top gear and just blown away at this car and i truly believe there is no car on the market today that makes a man weak in the knees. This car is truly incredible in every aspect. The looks, power, sound everything just totally amazing. I love this car and makes me and think i could say everyone else feel damn proud to own a ford and be a ford man :thumbsup: Thank you so very much for these pictures and the post, Bravo :)

Blades

Established Member
Are the optional wheels any wider or are they just made of lightweight aluminum? They don't look that bad at all on the car.. What were the tires?

Its a damn shame this thing will come to my house in the dead of winter. Do you know how they are going to "ship" them?

LSs1Power

Established Member
Congrats on the GT. Now its time for Dyno time and track runs to give us an Actual real life numbers. Also dont forget to change to a smaller pulley or go with a 2.4L Kenne bell :thumbsup: Show them vipers hell.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
Are the optional wheels any wider or are they just made of lightweight aluminum? They don't look that bad at all on the car.. What were the tires?

Its a damn shame this thing will come to my house in the dead of winter. Do you know how they are going to "ship" them?

They weren't any wider. I think the tires were 315s. I personally prefer the optional rims. Seeing them side by side inside the Saleen assembly shop, I definitely like them better on most of the colors. the blue/white looked excellent with grey painted calipers as well.

Your Dad will thoroughly enjoy the car. :beer:

SVT606

Established Member
Originally posted by The DBK
It also corners like nothing I've ever been in. Not a Z06, not a Ferrari, not a go-kart. Try it once and you'll wish life in the GT was a never-ending series of emergency lane changes. Taking a high sweeper is better than breathing. It produces enough grip for you to mutter expletives, and then it let's you know it's yawning in the process. I'd love to have a crack at the Nurburgring in a GT.

You need to take a test drive in an Elise or a race prepped S2000 and/or Miata if you think you've experienced cornering.

When you make it to the Nurburgring make sure you move to the right when the Carrera GT flys by. :D

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Re: Re: The Ford GT is the Greatest car ever built(no 56k)

Originally posted by SVT606
You need to take a test drive in an Elise or a race prepped S2000 and/or Miata if you think you've experienced cornering.

When you make it to the Nurburgring make sure you move to the right when the Carrera GT flys by. :D

I haven't had the privilage of driving a Ford GT, nor a Porsche Carrera GT, but for what it's worth, according to the road course and circle track tests they've done in magazines, the Ford GT came out ahead of the Porsche as well as the Ferrari Stardale.

As far as the Lotus Elise, it wouldn't even matter to me since that thing not only looks like a girl's car, but even has a girl's name. IMO, nothing looks as good as the Ford GT does, and again, IMO, there's nothing that sounds as good as that V8 growl. Furthermore, I don't see how a rear engine car like the Porsche would ever out handle a mid engine car, provided the suspension is set-up properly.

Users who are viewing this thread