The Force is Strong"R" With This One

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Thus far I have had a really good relationship with ZL1 Addons as a sponsor. Been very happy with their products, and my dealings with the owner John. Recently they were the solution to another "problem."

Almost all of us have to deal with the delimma of the front license plate. Some hate it all together, but given my personalized plate I would rather have it visible. I had Craigs custom bracket on my first GT350 and it worked fine. The mounting bracket for that setup attaches with 3M double sided tape. This time around I had my car ceramic coated before I installed the base, and sure enough it lost its bond after a while. The ceramic coating is doing its job, so no discredit to Craig.

ZL1 Addons has a front license plate bracket that screws into the tow hook mount, but I enjoy having the titanium hook on all the time. I figured that there had to be a mounting bracket ZL1 could make that would allow me to put another tow hook bracket on the passenger side for just the plate. Sure enough, I called John and he had one in stock. Apparently Shelby American had requested some custom made pieces for the passenger side, and John had one laying around. 2 days later I had the bracket and got it installed. Now I can run both the plate and hook without issue. Also should I ever have a nightmare scenario that I cant get the car pulled from the driver side, the passenger side is now an option too.

In any case, here are some photos I took if it installed. Car is dirty and the weather was gloomy, but this car is not going to be a garage queen. Enjoy, and call ZL1 Addons direct if you want the passenger side bracket.
California R (2 of 11).jpg
California R (9 of 11).jpg
California R (8 of 11).jpg
California R (10 of 11).jpg
California R (11 of 11).jpg
California R (6 of 11).jpg
California R (7 of 11).jpg
California R (5 of 11).jpg
California R (3 of 11).jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I think I'd rather velcro it to the dashboard. It pretty much ruins all the work you've done with the outside of your car.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
If having the front plate ruins the entire front of the car, then It must not look that good lol

I would much rather be able to enjoy my car without worry everyday than fight the man over a front plate.

s1ten

Established Member
I have the same predicament with the front plate...right now mine under my front seat. velcroing it to the dash might not be a bad idea for me

s1ten

Established Member
How difficult was it to install the tow hook? Thats one of my head scratchers with ford and this car, No tow hook provision, and needing caster camber plates achieve there track spec alignment???

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I have the same predicament with the front plate...right now mine under my front seat. velcroing it to the dash might not be a bad idea for me

How difficult was it to install the tow hook? Thats one of my head scratchers with ford and this car, No tow hook provision, and needing caster camber plates achieve there track spec alignment???

Check your local vehicle code. In California there is a minimum and maximum height the plate can be mounted. Velcro to the dash is still a violation here.

Tow hook install isn’t bad at all. This is my 3rd time doing it. Going slow I was in it about 3 hours. More time consuming than difficult. I helped walk a few people through theirs and they all survived lol

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Are those red mirrors wrapped or factory? They look good...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

The angle of the mirrors on these will require several pieces to wrap, and leave seams. I bought a spare set and had them painted. I would just try and source of red ones from a wrecked race red S550. They are just hard to come by as most want to sell the whole mirror assembly

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
My buddy Clint got the Signature Wheel SV501 I ordered for him mounted yesterday. My other buddy will have the SV502 I ordered for him this weekend. I will post pics of his car also so you guys can let me know which I should order as my track setup. Also has me kind of debating a 20” wheel

17” Lighting Blue GT350
Chassis H5588
Stock suspension with 38 miles
Signature Wheel SV501
Modified GT350R specs to reduce rear wheel poke
20x11 front 305/30/20
20x11.5 rear 325/30/20

AE5D5783-6C8C-4DC0-BF7A-68EDDE7A23C2.jpeg
7E4C6BC7-2F4C-4E76-B4A4-FC77AAB95FF1.jpeg
29DF108E-396F-4211-84C4-E689EBABC24B.jpeg
3981ABCB-E2BD-4603-B6A9-388F87304745.jpeg
72279B50-1F8F-4A9A-9D23-42DC0EE3CE9F.jpeg

s1ten

Established Member
Thus fa

In any case, here are some photos I took if it installed. Car is dirty and the weather was gloomy, but this car is not going to be a garage queen. Enjoy, and call ZL1 Addons direct if you want the passenger side bracket.

Would you mind posting a pic of the Addons license plate installed??? Seems like a good idea since to swap the tow hook for the plate holder while at the track.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Is it possible for Signature Wheels to make a wheel that the stock center cap will work? I miss my SVT caps. :'(

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Car is sick.
Also like the plate better there then when it was mounted kinda sideways by grille, more business looking and that car is all business

97snakebite

Established Member
Do you know any other 350 owners. I saw another blue at Fry's on Sunday it was a non r but very clean.. I don't want to put the plate name for privacy reasons

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Would you mind posting a pic of the Addons license plate installed??? Seems like a good idea since to swap the tow hook for the plate holder while at the track.
Sure thing,

C1A43717-D3F5-4082-8CA9-2A15D8A2410C.jpeg

Is it possible for Signature Wheels to make a wheel that the stock center cap will work? I miss my SVT caps. :'(
Indeed we can. It is an added cost, but with a CNC machine the possibilities are endless.
Do you know any other 350 owners. I saw another blue at Fry's on Sunday it was a non r but very clean.. I don't want to put the plate name for privacy reasons
I know a bunch of them locally. Chances are I know the owner, but hopefully something stands out about the car .

Here are a few more of the 502
3FC761A9-F103-43A9-92B0-B03954F1345B.jpeg
0BEDB8AB-589F-4BE1-BAE4-ADDBCED70F41.jpeg
9F1C2542-68FE-4DD2-A507-FE973BA6EAED.jpeg

97snakebite

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread