The Dodge Viper Couple

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, 79 Vipers! Now that is one heck of a collection of snakes! :rockon:

Neat that they have custom painted Vipers from the factory. I like that brown Viper.

Rct851

Established Member
My wife has more shoes...LOL
That's no lie. I'm not good at surprises so recently for my girlfriends birthday I just gave her my card and said "be nice"... Buys 2 shoes.... Lol

That is way to many vipers, they should donate one to my charity.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Neat that they have custom painted Vipers from the factory. I like that brown Viper.

Dodge started doing that a year or so ago. I think they were trying to boost sales, so they had a custom program for the viper where you could pick wheels and any custom color you wanted.

Kiohtee

Established Member
There's no telling how many liters of displacement and horsepower that collection has. :eek:

george.arnold

Established Member
Got to go out to their house about a month ago and walk through all of their garages for a small event with about 40 people. The couple is really nice. They have some great Vipers (ACRs, Sons of Italy Viper) and some not so great ones (Spiderman, Star Wars). They also had a Challenger Hellcat, Challenger Drag Pak, two Lotuses, Ford GT, C7 Z06, some Viper Trucks, SRT8 Jeep, and a few hot rodded muscle cars. It was really just a Viper dealership with some other cars thrown in. The cars are mostly hers, and she will get on his ass if he starts them up or drives them without her knowing. They were pretty funny about that. They really don't know much about the cars besides the stories behind them. Not real gear heads. He drives a Jeep Liberty on a daily basis, but he is also a working man that built his company from the ground up and sold it for a pretty penny in about 2006. He's not flashy.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Got to go out to their house about a month ago and walk through all of their garages for a small event with about 40 people. The couple is really nice. They have some great Vipers (ACRs, Sons of Italy Viper) and some not so great ones (Spiderman, Star Wars). They also had a Challenger Hellcat, Challenger Drag Pak, two Lotuses, Ford GT, C7 Z06, some Viper Trucks, SRT8 Jeep, and a few hot rodded muscle cars. It was really just a Viper dealership with some other cars thrown in. The cars are mostly hers, and she will get on his ass if he starts them up or drives them without her knowing. They were pretty funny about that. They really don't know much about the cars besides the stories behind them. Not real gear heads. He drives a Jeep Liberty on a daily basis, but he is also a working man that built his company from the ground up and sold it for a pretty penny in about 2006. He's not flashy.

79 vipers and he drives a Liberty.
:shrug:
I can understand not being flashy, rocking a viper every day, but then why own 79 of them? God forbid if you put miles on one of them.

george.arnold

Established Member
79 vipers and he drives a Liberty.
:shrug:
I can understand not being flashy, rocking a viper every day, but then why own 79 of them? God forbid if you put miles on one of them.

Like I said, he's just not really a car guy. He loved the look of the Viper so he got one, and then it was all downhill from there with his wife, who is the one that really goes after them.

When we first pulled in we passed his Drag Pak sitting outside on the far end of the garage from the rest of his stuff. It was kind of like it was out there just to get it out of the way. I walked around for a few minutes inside and let everyone say their hellos then I went over and introduced myself and said I'd really like to see the Drag Pak. As we start walking outside and down the driveway towards the car I'm telling him how Don Garlits had been in my brother's shop a few years ago getting some work done on his Drag Pak and how he signed a bunch of stuff and took pictures with my brother and his guys. This guy had this blank look on his face like he had no clue who Don Garlits was. He had nothing to say. He just got in the car and started it up and told me he's put 4 sets of tires on it just from driving it up and down the driveway and lighting the tires. Never been to a track, nothing. And that goes for the ACRs and the ACR-X they had, never once been to a track.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
79 vipers. Badass and complete overkill.

I agree, but......this couple obviously has a ton of money. So I compare their (millionaires) passion for buying Vipers like me (moderate income) having a diecast collection of Vipers just because I love Vipers. My Viper passion might allow me only one Viper and lots of inexpensive models. They can afford a larger number of real Vipers. Unusual, yes. But they afford to be a bit unusual with their passion. By the way, 79 Vipers works out to somewhere around $6,000,000. Maybe more. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread