The Dangers of Social Media in 2020

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Did you even bother to watch the video?

Maybe about a third and gave up when he started making it political, blaming the left.

Youtube has long had massive problems with accounts being delete that were 100%, absolutely zero to do with politics. It's just a case of a major corporation not giving a shit about anyone. 10 year member, 1 million subs, it's your sole income where you make 100K a year, and they can/will just shitcan you with no notice, no valid reason, and you're ****ed. There's no way to object, no phone number to call, nothing. All your hard work fo 10 years, gone. Therse are car guys, comedians, makeup artists, etc.

Yes T&S are vague, because they have to be when you're covering something so vague as YT, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

..but what he said about censoring what "they" don't want to you hear, that's why I said Parler exists. Since the video wants to make it political, and the US is about 50/50, then half the US population can easily join Parler.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe about a third and gave up when he started making it political, blaming the left.

Youtube has massive problems with accounts being deleted and it's 100%, absolutely zero to do with politics. It's just a case of a major corporation not giving a shit about anyone. 10 year member, 1 million subs, it's your sole income where you make 100K a year, and they can/will just shitcan you with no notice, no valid reason, and you're ****ed. There's no way to object, no phone number to call, nothing. All your hard work fo 10 years, gone. Therse are car guys, comedians, makeup artists, etc.

Yes T&S are vague, because they have to be when you're covering something so vague as YT, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

..but what he said about censoring what "they" don't want to you hear, that's why I said Parler exists. Since the video wants to make it political, and the US is about 50/50, then half the US population can easily join Parler.

Do you have documented proof that what you stated is true? Or is that really just your opinion?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Feels great to read all about stuff I'm not involved in / with.
Have avoided having a F/B and ALL the other social media sites account. I see no advantage to having one, & based on this and other threads on this topic, I'm pretty sure I'm ahead of the curve..

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Do you have documented proof that what you stated is true? Or is that really just your opinion?

Yes, it's easily googleable. There's been a massive problem with copyright claims and takedowns. A large YTer with over a million videos just lost the ability to make money on 100% of his videos because on 5-10 minutes videos, he used some 5 second jingle at the end, someone claimed the copyright on that, and thus they now they get whole earnings for all this videos. Doesn't matter how few people make it to the end.

If you can shoot a video of yourself walking around a car show, a public place, if if YT picks up on 5 seconds of some song in the background, and someone claims that as theirs or claims they represent an artist who claims that is their, you get a copyright strike and lose the income from that video. 3 strikes and your account is gone. Unless you have a million subs who can tweet and then other YTers who can make videos in your defense, just consider your YT account gone.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, it's easily googleable. There's been a massive problem with copyright claims and takedowns. A large YTer with over a million videos just lost the ability to make money on 100% of his videos because on 5-10 minutes videos, he used some 5 second jingle at the end, someone claimed the copyright on that, and thus they now they get whole earnings for all this videos. Doesn't matter how few people make it to the end.

If you can shoot a video of yourself walking around a car show, a public place, if if YT picks up on 5 seconds of some song in the background, and someone claims that as theirs or claims they represent an artist who claims that is their, you get a copyright strike and lose the income from that video. 3 strikes and your account is gone. Unless you have a million subs who can tweet and then other YTers who can make videos in your defense, just consider your YT account gone.
YouTube bans far-right channels for hate speech including those of Richard Spencer, David Duke, and Stefan Molyneux

Sounds political, so there goes your theory "it's 100% not political".

Kevins89notch

Established Member

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I never said 100% of accounts facing problems are not policial. I clearly proved though that there are plenty of non policial accounts getting banned.
Liar.

Screenshot_20200712-222939.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're digging a bigger hole, Kevin. I pointed it out, and Corbic pointed it out. The statement "100%, absolutely zero to do with politics" is pretty self explanatory. Now you're backpedaling and tripping yourself up. Be careful when you use the term 100%. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread