Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
whocares said:
two fingers in the front, three in the rear.
KB%20springs%20002.jpg

that's what she said.

sorry, imature i know, but i couldn't resist. looks great by the way. i'm going to go with the complete 'black out' on my cobra.

mustangmuscle

Established Member
Here's my contribution to the thread......

Had H&R Race springs w/MM iso's. Car sat way too high.

Sold the springs and had a buddy cut the stockers.....7/8 coil all the way around, with MM iso's.

Looks great to me......
What do you guys think?

Last edited:

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
see sig for pic.....H&R SS with steeda front iso and stock rear iso

EDIT: and CC Plates.....car rides the same as stock or better IMO, some troubles over sharp road crests (driveways) and speed bumps

Last edited:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
How are the rides with these springs, i wish eveyone would of put that with their post. Just about all of these cars look amazing and im really set on the H&R race springs but i want to know how the ride is vs stock.

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
also, How are these springs holding up?

Smokey1226 said:
How are the rides with these springs, i wish eveyone would of put that with their post. Just about all of these cars look amazing and im really set on the H&R race springs but i want to know how the ride is vs stock.

Let's also ask about longevity, this thread has been around for a while.
How are these springs holding up?

userob2002

Banned
Eibach Pro Kit Springs for 04 Cobra IRS Coupe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going coil over or soild rear so this has to go.

I got a nice drop and stance with no isos in the rears. I got the springs 3 months ago. They have some scratches in the rears.

$170 or best offer plus shipping, I prefer local sale. I am in La Habra (North Orang County, CA).

Paypal buyers, add the 3 %!

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
My Cobra has:
1) H&R Super Sports
2) Maximum Motorsports Front Ioslators
3) Stock Isolators in the rear
4) NO caster/camber plates.
NOTE: With the stock 17" wheels on the front and AFS 17x10.5" rears (also had 1/4" H&R hubcentric spacers), the car rubbed the rear fender and had to be rolled. It also scraped a lot. With the addition of the BBS RK Plasma 18x8.5" front and 18x10" rears there is extremely minimal rubbing and NO scraping underneath.

Here are some pictures for you to see.

IMG_2162-1.jpg

IMG_2163-1.jpg

CroppedIMG_2031.jpg

-Mike

whocares

Established Member
Sonik Blur said:
My Cobra has:
1) H&R Super Sports
2) Maximum Motorsports Front Ioslators
3) Stock Isolators in the rear
4) NO caster/camber plates.
NOTE: With the stock 17" wheels on the front and AFS 17x10.5" rears (also had 1/4" H&R hubcentric spacers), the car rubbed the rear fender and had to be rolled. It also scraped a lot. With the addition of the BBS RK Plasma 18x8.5" front and 18x10" rears there is extremely minimal rubbing and NO scraping underneath.

Here are some pictures for you to see.

IMG_2162-1.jpg

IMG_2163-1.jpg

CroppedIMG_2031.jpg

-Mike
Looks great. Tint the windows and it would be perfect:poke:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Are after market CC Plates needed when we lower our cars and keep the Stock Isolators on or are the stock CC Plates good enough? Can we get a proper alignment with the stock CC Plates after we've lowered it with aftermarket springs?

Last edited:

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Well here's my experience right now. I decided to go with the Race springs on my 'vert. I used urethane isolators...car didn't look lowered at all. So, I switched to only using the bottom isolators-stock in front, urethane in back. The drop is really nice.

What's not nice is this damned chassis flex. I've got MM full length subframes, EVM driveshaft loop with the X brace thing (not really worth much, but it's something), and the MM STB. The cowl shake just isn't really affected, I think it's just too much force being transmitted to the chassis.

So I'm planning on switching to the H&R Sport springs instead, unless I can find some info on Vogtland springs (which I had luck with in the past).

And last question last, HURTNEM, you should be able to align ok without the C/C plates, unless you really slam the front, but I do have them on my car.

w1.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

userob2002

Banned
Smokey1226 said:

The full length subframes are a great addition with race springs. But on a vert, they are too stiff and they will start flexing your car's body. Full length might help reduce the flex.

Go with Eibach pro kit, front isos and no rears isos for a leveled drop; same drop as race springs.

More drop when they settle.

The progressive spring rate will help with the drop and it aint too ridge on your car; it will accomdate the trashed up roads and will no bottom out. This is why I say no isos in rear only in front.

OR stock coupe springs with no iso also. Stock coupe springs are stiffer than vert springs, but softer than race springs.

One last thing, you might want to look into new shocks and struts. Get some 03/04 cobra shocks and struts off of svt.

You can actually get everything you need for your suspension on svt, but beware with the "new stuff". If it arrives damaged you can not send it back to the seller. They usually start crying when you tell me its damaged and I want me money.

I aint no expert, but thats my two cents.

By the way,I got race springs with only bottom isos in front and none in back. Car is leveled with no rake and it handels good with all the cars weight.

Remember, 03/04 cobra weigh more.

Last edited:

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
good input so far

good input so far.

My daily driven vert and full length sub frames probably will not like the Race springs.

It makes sense to try and utilize proggressive spring rates.

any extra noises with no iso's in the rear?

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
87whitevert said:
good input so far.

My daily driven vert and full length sub frames probably will not like the Race springs.

heah heah yeah wait till we ride in each others cars Jon, you'll see. there a little noisey back there. of course i dont have a back seat, just the delete panel-which isnt as thick(noise supressing) as the seats obviously.:thumbsup:

i love that sonic blue there "sonic blur" :beer:

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
87whitevert said:
good input so far.

I don't notice anything from the inside of the car with no upper isolator. If I'm coasting down the hill here by my house with the windows down and no radio or a/c I can hear a noise from outside the car....not very loud though.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
here is my car stock, and after H&R race springs. i left all the stock iso's in place and must admit i'm kind of disappointed, as i thought the drop would be just a bit more. the car drives like a dream, and hopefully i won't need caster/camber plates when i take it to get it aligned.

before
s3500029jx0.jpg

s3500047tg2.jpg

s3500055gk2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread