• Ford Racing 99-04 IRS Cobra #M5300J

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate79

Established Member
ttuplayboy said:
not a cobra but its got H&R SS with MM isolators all the way round....

DSCN0065.jpg

DSCN0064.jpg

DSCN0061.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

and here is a pic of my pos UPR CC plate(3 months old) that failed and sent a strut through my hood, thanks UPR
DSCN0134.jpg

DSCN0130.jpg

I have MM CC plates coming in this weekend im replacing with....I am wondering Im not getting the slammed look some of you have got so I was wondering about which ISO's to remove from the front since the fronts will be out for the CC plates, might as well do it......Just wanted yalls opinion on how I can get my front stance lower to get that agressive look

brother has a 04 gt with the same springs. He left the top factory iso, and ditched the bottom one. Looks a lot lower than yours

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
TheFleshRocket said:
I have the Eibach springs (not sure which ones, but I'm guessing they're the earlier model #) and the rear rides a good inch or so higher than the front. How much would the rear drop if I removed the top and bottom isolators?

(I'm replying to myself.. :loser: ) I pulled the rear isos last night. The front and rear now have just about the same ride-height. (The rear might be a TINY bit higher than the front still, but it's barely noticeable, not blatantly obvious like it was vefore pulling the isos.)

I haven't noticed any difference in NVH with the isos out, but I did notice a loud clunk when going over a dip in the road. The right rear suspension apparently unloaded enough over the dip to let the spring uncompress and then recompress, which made the noise. I drove back and went over it again to be sure.

So now the car's ride height is good, but I'm not sure if the clunking over dips will bug me enough to switch to different, lower springs and put the isos back in.

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
I was thinking about getting a set of H&R race springs, as I have a set on my '89 GT and am very pleased with the drop (nice without being excessively low, and an even drop front to rear). But unlike some of the other spring manufacturers, who have listed different part numbers for the '99-'01 and '03-'04 models, H&R lists the same part number for the race springs for all of those years.

I have the Eibach 3590 springs (for '99-'01) on my '04 Cobra and am not happy with them--the rear sits higher than the front even after removing both rear isos--and that leads me to believe that ANY springs designed for the '99-'01 models won't work as well on the '03-'04 models.

So even though I liked the H&Rs on my GT, I am thinking twice about putting them on my Cobra. I want an even drop from the front to the rear without having to mess with removing isos, and without being too low (like I think the H&R sports are). Does anyone know why the H&R race springs list the same model number for all the years?

I've also thought about trying Vogtland springs, but can't seem to find very much information about them at all.

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
H&R Race springs...stock bottom isos, all top isos removed

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

havent driven it much, still need an alignment...but I did do a quick 30-40 minute drive when I brought it home, didnt notice any rubbing / clunking without the isos

and the ride feels almost stock, maybe just a little stiffer, but very comfortable...

04TNCobra

Mystichrome #794
Established Member
H&R Race with no top iso's, I used 1" heater hose for the rear bottom iso's.

DSC00637_small.jpg

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Well...I'm trying to decide between the H&R Race Springs and the 03-04' version of the Eibach pro kit for my 03' Termy Coupe???

I'm not that concerned with ride height(a little lower than stock would be just fine) but I def want improved cornering performance on the street. I plan on using either new stock rubber or MM PU isolaters at all four corners.

Is there anybody with experience using both types of springs mentioned above???

If at all possible, I don't want it to be "slammed" and hope to be able to allign the car without going the CC plate route.

Any opinions???

Thanks...

Later...Dave

BlueSS

Here are a couple pics of the Steeda 03-04 springs. My car is a Daily Driver and the ride is better than stock. I still am using the stock iso's all corners.
On a level surface and 3/4 tank of gas, the car sits 26 1/4 front, 26 3/4 rear. It has to be a bad dip or bump for me to scrape. However, I am always careful going over bumbs and through dips anyway........

P1010299.jpg

P1010298.jpg

P1010297.jpg
I'm Sold On The Steeda's! Seems Like The Most Reasonable Drop, Without Too Much Worry About Scraping All The Time? :shrug: :beer:

Wratchet

HP+RacingXMods/Pay=Broke
Established Member
Any of you guys running H&R Sports with MM isos top and bottom have issues with fender rub while running a 315 BFG tire?

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
I have full Griggs with koni's 350/500.
The rear end is a bit jacked up. That's where the roll center is.
Show your car if you want or impress the ladies. Cutting coils is a bad idea unless the spring rates are correct.
dsc1713og5.jpg

dsc1705qs0.jpg

See how much caster my car has? It handles like a dream.
Jeff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread