The Chicago Tribune's take on the 2nd amendment

snakecharmer

Established Member
I would love to stand toe to toe with the idiots that wrote that editorial and tell them what a bunch of worthless traitors I think they are.

dogmush

Established Member
Everything having to do with politics that comes from Chicago stinks, and is corupt.

Remember that in Nov.

BigRick

Whippled Roush
Established Member
What disturbs me is this same newpaper has been calling for us to bomb Iranians for almost a year now. The agenda the newpapers magnets have is not inline with most Americans.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
read some of the comments on that editorial.. very few of them are in support of gun bans.. most are for the 2nd Amendment and the ruling the Supreme Court put down..

TexRob

Established Member
I am not a Constitutional Expert by any means, so someone correct me if I am wrong,the Bill of Rights confers rights to THE PEOPLE not the Government,if that is Correct (and I am sure it is)then why would all the Amendments confer rights to the people Except the Second Amendment? We are supposed to believe that the Second Amendment is the only one confering rights to the States? I call B.S on these Anti Gun Morons!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I am not a Constitutional Expert by any means, so someone correct me if I am wrong,the Bill of Rights confers rights to THE PEOPLE not the Government,if that is Correct (and I am sure it is)then why would all the Amendments confer rights to the people Except the Second Amendment? We are supposed to believe that the Second Amendment is the only one confering rights to the States? I call B.S on these Anti Gun Morons!

Here's the thing... these people against the 2nd like the Chicago Tribune don't care what the amendment was originally intended for. Most likely they know exactly what it means and that's that we have the right to bear arms. But they have an agenda and they're willing to twist the founding fathers words any which way possible to get their agenda across. That's why fighting these issues is so important because these traitors are trying to change the country from what it was meant to be. They think that if they can make us believe the founding fathers believed the contrary than there is no debate. That's why I have a very hard time with the fact that these things are left up to a small group of men to decide, especially in these times.

TexRob

Established Member
Here's the thing... these people against the 2nd like the Chicago Tribune don't care what the amendment was originally intended for. Most likely they know exactly what it means and that's that we have the right to bear arms. But they have an agenda and they're willing to twist the founding fathers words any which way possible to get their agenda across. That's why fighting these issues is so important because these traitors are trying to change the country from what it was meant to be. They think that if they can make us believe the founding fathers believed the contrary than there is no debate. That's why I have a very hard time with the fact that these things are left up to a small group of men to decide, especially in these times.
I agree 100%,these Anti Gunners will Push their Agenda at any Cost,they can't be Dumb enough to believe the Second Amendment only allows states to Form Militia's,they just hope WE are Dumb enough not to realize it.A second question just for fun,how many time has the Anti Gun Brady bunch changed the name of their organization,VS the NRA who has never changes it's name?

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Chicago = consider the source
'

Anywhere with liberal politicians & a high rate of Drive By Shootings, Home Invasions & Car Jackings, it's a wonder why they want to ban guns & repeal the 2nd Amendment.

Thing is, dumbass politicians are out of touch with reality, they fail to realize that criminals rarely buy guns LEGALLY.

For criminals, guns are just like drugs, they never buy them legally & will ALWAYS have a supply whenever they need it.

I'd relinquish all my right to bear arms, IF, the same guys who want to ban could 100% guarantee me & my family's safety.

Until then, the 2nd Amendment FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Because until the 14th Amendment was ratified and adopted, the interpretation was that the Bill of Rights applied to the Federal Govt alone. Then, with the 14 Amendment, it was held that the "Due Process" clause made the Bill of Rights applicable to the States and the people.

TexRob

Established Member
Because until the 14th Amendment was ratified and adopted, the interpretation was that the Bill of Rights applied to the Federal Govt alone. Then, with the 14 Amendment, it was held that the "Due Process" clause made the Bill of Rights applicable to the States and the people.
Thanks for the Clarification. :beer:

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
I'm surprised the Chicago Tribune let this fly. From what I'm reading, it is a fairly right wing newspaper.

Users who are viewing this thread