The Car From Hell Is Back! Update!(multiple blown engines)

tohighpsi

Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-blown-head-gasket-built-motor-low-boost.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/717988-so-fed-up-car.html

There is the back story in these threads if you guys are bored and feel like reading through it. Ill give you the short story here though. Bought the car like last march. Proline motor, 2.6 longtubes all the supporting mods full suspension. Less then 300 miles after i get the car it pops a head gasket and melts the head. It went back to ga where I bought it from to be fixed. Drove the car back from Ga. About another 100 miles or so the car melts a piston. I mean melted the hell out of it. Just a side note I wasn't beating the piss out of the car either. Just some 3rd gear pulls on the pump tune. Same piston where the head gasket blew and head melted. Weird thing is its just this piston that is jacked up. All the other plugs looked fine. Same case when the head gasket blew.

So you figure it has to be an injector since its just this one piston I am having problems with. Send the injectors out to be flowed and the all pass. Hmmm? Anyways I just got the motor back in the car this weekend. New piston and rod all new rings and bearing and had the heads tore down and rebuilt so its basically new. Now all I have to do is get it broke in change the oil and get it to the tuner. Really hoping he can find something wrong with the car. Its going to performance evolution in Middletown de. If anybody has any experiences with him lmk. I had a friend that had a great experience with him and after talking to him on the phone seems like a great and knowledgeable guy.

So besides the trip up from Ga I have prob put about 250 miles on the car and am in about $6000 now. Going to be hard to top that. I didn't post about the piston burning up because I was so damn frustrated I about gave up on the car. Wish me luck I am going to need. Really would like to get everything straight so I could maybe enjoy the car

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I hate hearing about cars that wiped pistons.

I hate even more to hear about cars that got rebuilt and did the same damn thing!!!

When an engine blows I always try to remind people to find out WHY! Then fix the issue first.

Good luck with it, stay out of the boost until it gets diagnosed.

This may turn out to be what blew the very first engine.:nonono:

tohighpsi

Established Member
The very first engine when Tim had the car supposedly blew from a inter cooler pump that went up. The car has a inter cooler temp gauge now to prevent that from happening. No worries the car wont even be seeing a pound till it gets tuned!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Shouldnt these cars back down timing when IAT2s hit a certain temp like the Lightnings? If thats the case I wonder if youre running a tune with locked timing....I'll be interested to see what the tuning session reveals

good luck!

tohighpsi

Established Member
Thanks brother I am going to need it! Tim from the former mph tuned the car originally and I have heard nothing but good things about him. Its hard to believe that he would put a bunk tune in the car

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldnt necessarily call locked timing a bunk tune, but its not something I would recommend for a street tune...for the track is another story

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-blown-head-gasket-built-motor-low-boost.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/717988-so-fed-up-car.html

There is the back story in these threads if you guys are bored and feel like reading through it. Ill give you the short story here though. Bought the car like last march. Proline motor, 2.6 longtubes all the supporting mods full suspension. Less then 300 miles after i get the car it pops a head gasket and melts the head. It went back to ga where I bought it from to be fixed. Drove the car back from Ga. About another 100 miles or so the car melts a piston. I mean melted the hell out of it. Just a side note I wasn't beating the piss out of the car either. Just some 3rd gear pulls on the pump tune. Same piston where the head gasket blew and head melted. Weird thing is its just this piston that is jacked up. All the other plugs looked fine. Same case when the head gasket blew.

So you figure it has to be an injector since its just this one piston I am having problems with. Send the injectors out to be flowed and the all pass. Hmmm? Anyways I just got the motor back in the car this weekend. New piston and rod all new rings and bearing and had the heads tore down and rebuilt so its basically new. Now all I have to do is get it broke in change the oil and get it to the tuner. Really hoping he can find something wrong with the car. Its going to performance evolution in Middletown de. If anybody has any experiences with him lmk. I had a friend that had a great experience with him and after talking to him on the phone seems like a great and knowledgeable guy.

So besides the trip up from Ga I have prob put about 250 miles on the car and am in about $6000 now. Going to be hard to top that. I didn't post about the piston burning up because I was so damn frustrated I about gave up on the car. Wish me luck I am going to need. Really would like to get everything straight so I could maybe enjoy the car

I have a friend that lives outside of middletown and has taken two supercharged marauders and a 96 bronco (for shits) to put on the dyno.. The two marauders got tunes by him, my friend said he does very good work and really knows his stuff....

tohighpsi

Established Member
I have a friend that lives outside of middletown and has taken two supercharged marauders and a 96 bronco (for shits) to put on the dyno.. The two marauders got tunes by him, my friend said he does very good work and really knows his stuff....

Good to know man thanks for the info! After talking to him on the phone he sounds like he knows his stuff

tohighpsi

Established Member
The car has enough break in miles. Now all I have to do is put a new blower belt on, swap the plugs out and change the oil. Then its off to the tuner!

tohighpsi

Established Member
Where'd you get the engine built? Was it modular powerhouse in Georgia? I had a motor built there and it lasted less than 50 miles.

Pro line built the motor. Modular power house tuned the car. Weird you say that though I have heard nothing but good things about modular power house.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Pro line built the motor. Modular power house tuned the car. Weird you say that though I have heard nothing but good things about modular power house.

I don't think it was their fault that the motor blew. The guys that installed it, Vello Performance in Indiana PA didn't burp the coolant right and overheated the motor. Blew a head gasket, warped the heads, etc. Since there was no coolant flowing through it, the sensor didn't say the car was running hot.

It never really ran right. The shop that installed my new motor said that it was because of the coolant, but then again, they came recommended by Modular Powerhouse, so I'll never really know exactly what went wrong with it.

Nevertheless, I sued Vello Performance and won the lawsuit going with the coolant story.

tohighpsi

Established Member
I don't think it was their fault that the motor blew. The guys that installed it, Vello Performance in Indiana PA didn't burp the coolant right and overheated the motor. Blew a head gasket, warped the heads, etc. Since there was no coolant flowing through it, the sensor didn't say the car was running hot.

It never really ran right. The shop that installed my new motor said that it was because of the coolant, but then again, they came recommended by Modular Powerhouse, so I'll never really know exactly what went wrong with it.

Nevertheless, I sued Vello Performance and won the lawsuit going with the coolant story.

Wow glad to hear everything worked out. We had a hell of a time getting an air bubble out of the cooling system for the supercharger.

The motor blew in the car before I had it because of a faulty intercooler pump. It now has a temp gauge for it. Deff a good investment

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
If you don't have them yet you should get some aeroforce gauges. I caught my intercooler pump right when it died. I saw my IAT2 temps climb instantly. They are the best gauges by far!

getblown03

Established Member
man i really hope you find out what is going on with that car.... i miss it... but i couldnt afford to do it all again!! Im sorry for all the issues you have been having!

flamedstang95

Gettin' Dirty
Established Member
How'd you make out with taking the car to Matt? He's been tuning my cars for 6 yrs now. Great guy to deal with and definitely knows his stuff. Taking my new to me 03 to him Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread