The build has begun!!

ad2330

Established Member
So after waiting nearly 60 days, the car is in and is getting some goodies!

Long story short:
E85/supporting mods
VMP 2.3L 2nd gen. TVS & GT500 throttle body

6c70c71c43752b114b34ef4adb897b43.jpg

b34681c9a992805e4f861d358d0401de.jpg

e3da7d65877fccf446bd4018c9b70b00.jpg

83c3ba69f67a639f68c730cfe40d02dc.jpg

I'll keep all updates in here.

Any guesses on what she'll put down?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome op! I'm not going to guess hp, because I've seen #'s all over the board. Either way it will be a very fun car! I'm hoping to go e85 in a year or so.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Very cool man!
What made you go with the VMP and not the Whipple or KB? Im trying to decide on what set up i want, and was wondering how you decided the VMP? Nothing against them btw, i just want a few opinions from you guys on the forum and how you made the choice on your SC. Thanks

Mystic03

Established Member
Most will preach vmp is god of all blowers...but kb and whipple will get those numbers as well

Very cool man!
What made you go with the VMP and not the Whipple or KB? Im trying to decide on what set up i want, and was wondering how you decided the VMP? Nothing against them btw, i just want a few opinions from you guys on the forum and how you made the choice on your SC. Thanks

Last edited:

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Most will preach vmp is god of all blowers...but kb and whipple will get those numbers as well

What makes them so good compared to the other two? Forgive my ignorance if i'm wrong but aren't VMP's fairly new to the scene. Ive never heard of them until i joined the forum. I dont have any friends with terminators so all my advice comes from this forum.

Mystic03

Established Member
They are great blowers no doubt...difference between the two..kb and whipple are twinscrew blowers...vmp is roots style like the
Eaton...i dont remember the exact technical of the two but a google search should be suffice
What makes them so good compared to the other two? Forgive my ignorance if i'm wrong but aren't VMP's fairly new to the scene. Ive never heard of them until i joined the forum. I dont have any friends with terminators so all my advice comes from this forum.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Very cool man!

Main reason I went with a tvs is the 2 piece design just like the factory eaton. Makes it easier working on the car. Example would be taking the plenum off to gain access to those injectors, making it pretty easy. Also some will say the tvs makes more power, but I personally don't see it. Mine made very similar power to whipples and kb on same dyno and same tuner.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Another few things that would make me go with a tvs is the roots style has oem reliability. Also they seem to make the same hp, but alot more torque than the twin screw. And as Bdubbs mentioned, the two piece design. Personally I dont see the point to even consider a kb or whipple. But thats just my opinion.

TRBO VNM

Honestly, if you are going 2.3, there is no reason to go anywhere else than TVS. For the simple fact of plenum removal. Whether it is fuel injectors or removing valve covers. Doing anything that would require plenum removal it is a no brainer for the TVS. And considering you can make 700+ with e85 on the TVS, it covers a lot of power goals for people if you have e85 in your area.

Prime examples....I just did 2 whipple 2.3 cars. One guy did the level 1 fuel system. After the build, before tuning he said he wanted to do e85...well, blower had to come off to upgrade to the level 2 fuel system with rails. Now after he wants to powder coat the valve covers, guess what, blower comes back off. the other guy, similar. Just doing an upper pulley only and running BAP with stock pumps. after the build decided he wants more boost and e85, fuel system has to go in and blower has to come back off. Luckily with him we are powder coating the covers at the same time.

Last edited:

ad2330

Established Member
Nice! Low 700 e85 with 3" upper 4# lower

Thanks! Woah...well I guess my goal was 600whp, so we shall see.

Nice build!!!
You will love the VMP TVS 2.3!!!

Thank you, super pumped.

Very nice!

Thanks!

Congrats, with E85 it will make big numbers.

We will see...like I said above, hoping for 600whp so it should be close! Car is incredibly clean, only 13k miles. I need better pictures as those are pretty crappy..

What pulley combo are you running/how much boost do you anticipate?

Leaving it up to Manny, honestly. They know my goals and so we'll see what they recommend once we get to tuning.

Huge gains coming your way, can't wait to see the results.

I sure hope so! Car made 471whp before going in for transformation!

Awesome op! I'm not going to guess hp, because I've seen #'s all over the board. Either way it will be a very fun car! I'm hoping to go e85 in a year or so.

And that's all I'm hoping for, a really fun car for weekend terrorizing! :) My dad just picked up a C7 ZO6 (actually at the museum as we speak taking delivery)...should make for some fun 'father/son' street racing.. :burnout:

Very cool man!

That's a great question really. This is my first Cobra, and my first domestic big HP car. I was like you, I always thought KB/Whipple and hadn't even heard of VMP. I started talking with the guy who sold me the car (it's like his 5th cobra, a real guru), and he told me to look into them. So, I did, and quite frankly I was just really impressed with their product. And, to what others have said in this thread, it's similar technology to what the stock blower is, which should allow for easier maintenance. Not to mention, it's the newest/most current product on the market today. I liked that they 'refined' their first gen blower with this new setup. With E85, it should make for a really nice combo..

I would have went tvs if they had a polished one.lol Nice build.

Thanks!

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Thats a very nice clean engine bay you have there. You will not be disappointed with the TVS, and good for you for going E85 from the get go. I always told myself pump gas would be enough to keep me happy but now I am highly considering switching to E85. Keep us posted on what she makes and I want to see a vid of the Cobra pulling on the C7Z :).

ad2330

Established Member
Thats a very nice clean engine bay you have there. You will not be disappointed with the TVS, and good for you for going E85 from the get go. I always told myself pump gas would be enough to keep me happy but now I am highly considering switching to E85. Keep us posted on what she makes and I want to see a vid of the Cobra pulling on the C7Z :).

Thank you! I toiled back and forth on the E85 decision but in the end I'm really glad I went that way. The gains in power should be worth it!

ad2330

Established Member
Just got back from BG... what. a. car. Just drove it for a quick second, and it is absolutely in sane. I know it's blasphemy on here, but damn.. They really did hit it out of the park with the C7 ZO6:

4E541DC9-351B-48F5-9C99-306242FAE159_zpsiishkvm0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread