The boss is back : 6.2L Boss Engine Pics

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Don Bowles car? Engine looks promising, cylinder heads look pretty good. What's been done to those heads to differentiate them from OEM production pieces?

I would imagine this is not Don Bowles motor unless this guy works for Roush. I talked to Don a bunch about his motor program, Don's heads had not alot of work done too them and also pretty mild cams to make over 700Na hp. His stroke was 3.75 and bore was 4.25. They used two different manifolds, a individual throttle body style and a Yates style manifold that Roush made adapters 4.

Just curious at 3800lbs what power adder did this motor have to run 8.50's? Where do you work also?

Looks good though, cant wait to get my hands on one OR two:)
Dan

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
guess I found out what Im gonna transplant into the Cobra, that or the new 5.0 4v, its exciting to have some options now

GraphicNature

Viewer Discretion Advised
Established Member
they did its called a hemi:lol1:

WOW! I guess you don't know what a Hemi head looks like do you... Looks more like a Cleveland head than a Hemi head. But neither were OHC. So... um.... Why couldn't Ford have made a SOHC head design like this years ago?

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
^^ +1 he doesnt know what the "hemi" actually means lol

a 6.2 for me sucks im still stuck at 4.6 :nonono:

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I would imagine this is not Don Bowles motor unless this guy works for Roush. I talked to Don a bunch about his motor program, Don's heads had not alot of work done too them and also pretty mild cams to make over 700Na hp. His stroke was 3.75 and bore was 4.25. They used two different manifolds, a individual throttle body style and a Yates style manifold that Roush made adapters 4.

Just curious at 3800lbs what power adder did this motor have to run 8.50's? Where do you work also?

Looks good though, cant wait to get my hands on one OR two:)
Dan

Don was the first guy that came to mind as he is the only one running the engine and running that number, don't know of anyone else that Ford would have released the engine too.

assasyn

Established Member
LOL

Hemi=hemispherical
the_more_you_know.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread