The BlackBomber build thread.

svtmadman

Established Member
Amazing build! Hats off to u sir! Let me make one comment...Id love to see this girl with a nasty drop visor...any thoughts?

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
did some test fitting of the front sheetmetal to make sure everything lined up the way it should on the new frame and to check motor to hood clearance. Everything worked out the way it should.

0clz.jpg

q9sm.jpg

vayi.jpg

muox.jpg

1967eleanor

Established Member
not a huge update but I ordered this for christmas,

Underdash power booster from scotts hot rods,

au72.jpg

and mocked it up as well as started fabbing up a trans tunnel. The section above the trans thats open right now will be removable for adjustments ext ext.

21lb.jpg

afpk.jpg

1967eleanor

Established Member
anyway, been an a stressful week, ended up getting T-Boned in my daily driver this Tuesday on my way to work .so Ive been dealing with that and insurance companies and all that stuff. However did get some time to escape and work on the car a bit.

7kg9.jpg

Used the english wheel to form a piece for the transmission tunnel that will be removable.

em5r.jpg

i4h8.JPG

ghsq.jpg

9dhe.jpg

and I cut out part of the firewall to make a new/ cleaner piece,

ga0x.jpg

zw5z.JPG

however I messed up the beadroll, its tough doing all of this by yourself sometimes, So ill have to make another piece and try again,

6fw7.jpg

1967eleanor

Established Member
decided I wanted to do something different on the firewall. So I made a new piece that has the same contour as the passenger side. I will be shaving the blower motor and the fresh air vent. I will be running an aftermarket heater/AC box so I am going to set it up to come out the side rather than the front like stock.

q4p1.jpg

fz86.jpg

nchx.jpg

1967eleanor

Established Member
Got some work done today despite the single digit temps, so no air tools.

cut the pedal face off the original 54 pedal and welded it to my new booster arm

t7ri.jpg

also fabbed up a brace/mount for the pedal cluster.

wll3.jpg

lines up nice and will clear the column, I have to find a way to use the original floor mounted pedal with the new GM drive by wire pedal.

qfn7.jpg

nice look up at the cluster, ignore the backside of the welds on the firewall, I will clean it up once I get the airtools again.

br91.jpg

and I cleared off the junk on the otherside of the car so i snapped a few random shots.

3a7o.jpg

iq5e.jpg

im super happy with the lines of the car.

6srm.jpg

nnu8.jpg

Last edited:

1967eleanor

Established Member
couple small things I did this weekend. Still waiting on steering parts.

Got about 2/3 of the firewall done. I ran out of sheetmetal so I have to go buy more this week so I can do the passenger side.

9ph2.jpg

4fxr.jpg

and shaved the wiper holes on the body, there is a piece of stainless that goes over it that will need to modified too but thats down the road.

vfro.JPG

a6vn.jpg

paud.jpg

1967eleanor

Established Member
Finished up the otherside of the firewall today. I'm also about half way though getting the steering linkage done, so ill post up a couple pics after im done.

Insert I made that was a mirror image of the other side.

4llz.jpg

and all done, I still have some metal work to do behind the motor that I'll take care of that when I send the motor out to get some goodies installed.

rdi5.jpg

and what I started with.

cuph.jpg

1967eleanor

Established Member
Had another productive day today, got the steering column/linkage all squared away.

hqsu.jpg

getting the angle for the support/bracket was fun. (ignore the welded steering shaft- its only for mockup and was made out of parts I had left over. I will order a new one)

2t6h.jpg

I used the column/wheel out of the parts car because it was just about perfect, I will also be modifying the stock power-glide column shift to work with the 4L60e.

1qgd.jpg

I also fit the factory inner fenders and roughed out the cuts for the suspension/modded frame.

yxnp.jpg

kphf.jpg

I'm very happy with the engine bay so far, Now that the metal work is done for the most part I will turn my attention to the motor/front drive setup. I ordered a bunch of stuff that should be here this week.

j93w.jpg

l7d3.jpg

ioj0.jpg

1967eleanor

Established Member
Looks right at home.
Do you plan on smoothing the intake or swapping it out?

I have a F.A.S.T LSXRT manifold on the way, it's overkill for what i'm doing (ls6 heads/custom ground cam) but it's supposed to be good for 30hp or so over the stock manifold, The heads/cam/intake/headers should put the motor in the neighborhood of 400hp, however cosmetically its worth every penny. I cant stand to have that hideous stock manifold as the center of my engine bay.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I have a F.A.S.T LSXRT manifold on the way, it's overkill for what i'm doing (ls6 heads/custom ground cam) but it's supposed to be good for 30hp or so over the stock manifold, The heads/cam/intake/headers should put the motor in the neighborhood of 400hp, however cosmetically its worth every penny. I cant stand to have that hideous stock manifold as the center of my engine bay.

Very cool, should be a great running motor.
And I agree, intake and FRC's or smoothed valve covers really help the look of the lsX style motors.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
WOW! Great workmanship man, you have a lot of talent. I would have kissed that car goodbye, but you brought it back to life better than ever! Keep up the good work.

1967eleanor

Established Member
got some more front drive parts on, Its a mutt of a setup, Right now it has a GTO a/c compressor, a cts/v crank pulley ( not pictured ), and a L77 caprice PS pump. I wanted to keep it all factory gm stuff, I also wanted it to tuck below the top of the motor as much as possible, the new setup will give me a ton more room up front of the motor for a fan or thicker radiator.

5pm5.jpg

tysj.jpg

however now you can see the issues, the GTO stuff is about 5/8 offset compared to the new stuff (waterpump/ ps pump). You can also see how much it tucks back compared to the truck crank pulley.

tgb9.jpg

after taking 2 steps back I was able to take 1 forward and get this to replace the stock truck intake, I have a set of upgraded heads that will flow better and raise the compression to make more power.

ghlu.jpg

hrte.jpg

got lucky on the firewall too, no modification needed.

vu81.jpg

I am undecided if I wanna make the engine bay look like it was factory in which case I would leave the coilpacks on the motor or go more of a custom/bare bones look in which case I would re locate the coilpacks and possibly change the valve covers and do something custom.

with the coilpacks still on.

fbu4.jpg

o5vm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread