The Beefcake Special Vortech on the dyno...816rwhp and not even 7000rpms.....say what

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Decided to get after it last night on the dyno.

Keep in mind, we are running a preproduction kit that has a small 3.5" inlet tube. Production kits will have a 4" inlet, and we are working on a high flow filter kit as well.

Previously we had made about 667 not leaning on the car too crazy with the v3, through the oem airbox. We thing that number would jump well into the mid 7's with the production kits on e85.

Getting ready for the race this weekend, we decided to swap to our goto head unit, the billet jt trim.

The stock airbox helps keep boost in check for those running the stock engine, but we wanted to get an idea of what we would be making once the high glow air kits with larger inlets are completed, so we decided to pull the inlet off.

We know the billet jt makes some steam in our other car, so we were figuring on around 750 at 7500 since lund still has our timing rather conservative for e85.

We decided to check fueling first on a pull to only 6900 and this is what we were rewarded with!!!!

2015vortech800.jpg

@7500 we should be just over 900rwhp, at 8000, close to 1000

This setup is obviously for those with built engines, we will be dialing the power back for Atlanta this weekend with one of our wastegate setups.

Hoping for some good et's out of her!!!

FYI, this blower has a lot more in it too! Should be about an 1100rwhp capable blower. And for thousands less than anything anywhere in the neighborhood....

Anthony K

Established Member
What fuel?
How much boost?
What injectors?
Any other fuel system upgrades?
Valve springs?
Stock short block and oil pump gears?
Company/employee vehicle or customer off the street vehicle?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You have photos of this head unit ???

Beefcake.jpg

What fuel?
How much boost?
What injectors?
Any other fuel system upgrades?
Valve springs?
Stock short block and oil pump gears?
Company/employee vehicle or customer off the street vehicle?

I thought you've been following my car on 6g

e85, with our fore e85 setup, id1000s, stock valve springs, stock block with oil pump gears

we dialed it back down with a wastegate a little bit, I think 800+ all the time is a little bit to be running on, but the knock sensors are still happy

2015vortechgate.jpg

Anthony K

Established Member
Beefcake.jpg

I thought you've been following my car on 6g

e85, with our fore e85 setup, id1000s, stock valve springs, stock block with oil pump gears

we dialed it back down with a wastegate a little bit, I think 800+ all the time is a little bit to be running on, but the knock sensors are still happy

2015vortechgate.jpg

I try to follow all your cars. But your a mover and a shaker!

That scares me with the stock oil pump gears.

Your all over it though.

How much boost?

I got cash in hand for the Wastegate kit!

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I try to follow all your cars. But your a mover and a shaker!

That scares me with the stock oil pump gears.

Your all over it though.

How much boost?

I got cash in hand for the Wastegate kit!

that was 16.4, still down about 6 degrees of timing from where we run our 2011 at. car is going to make 1050-1100rwhp easy once the engine goes in and we push it to 7400 or more........

Users who are viewing this thread