The 2011 Ford Super Duty.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the f150 last i heard will get a version of the dohc 5.0 the mustang is getting.

i heard 5.0 will have(prelim numbers)...
400hp 360tq for the mustang
360hp 400tq for the f150

straightliner1

Established Member
For those scratching their heads, Urea = Urine.

How injecting this into the exhaust tract helps with pollution control I'll never know!

Jroc

Established Member
Other than the rims I really like it.

The 06-07 year model, 5 spoke 20's where very good looking. The new 8 spoke 20's are not good looking.

straightliner1

Established Member
So use Ammonia, not piss! Ewwwie

From what I've been told this "container" once empty will throw a check engine light and will need to be refilled to eliminate the code. Do we pull a "Red Dawn" and pee in it?

STG

Banned
So use Ammonia, not piss! Ewwwie

From what I've been told this "container" once empty will throw a check engine light and will need to be refilled to eliminate the code. Do we pull a "Red Dawn" and pee in it?

How many times can you start the engine after the container is empty?

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I love the 2011 grill. It is by far the best looking super duty grill I've seen yet. It also looks infinately better than the 2010 F-150's block nose. The Ford designed 6.7 should be a big improvement in quality over the Navistar 6.0 and 6.4.

As for the urea, unfortunately the system will have sensors that are very elaborate to make sure you fill it will commercial urea... not homemade recycled beer:lol1: They couldn't charge you money for the homemade stuff. It would be funny to drive by and see someone peeing in his or her truck. Ford has the luxury of using a larger urea reservoir on the super duty than MB or BMW use, so that should help minimize refills.

Considering the particulate filter regeneration, the aftermarket chips can program that out. That is one of the first things a lot of 6.4 owners do and it increases mileage by a lot. Perhaps the the aftermarket can bypass the pee injector too!!!

You can thank the government for all of this... anytime they get involved, we end up taking it in the tailpipe.

PitchBlackL

modding..I have a dream
Established Member
love all I'm hearing except the lose of the v10. It really is a great engine. Reliable as any motor I've ever seen. My dad has 300,000 on his 2000 F-250. And no that's not a typo. And He has nothing to the motor except oil changes and filter changes......ever. That motor is amazing.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Not mine. A V10 is okay if you don't tow,carry a load or care about 7mpg when you do. A V10 couldn't get out of its own way lugging a ton of shit!

I am happy with my V-10. It tows a 24" trailer, ATV, race car, and an extra engine just fine (no sh*t in my trailer). When your race car gets 5 mpg at $9.50 /gallon, the gas mileage of a tow truck isn't a problem.

Sebrin2009a.jpg

I am sure that I will upgrade to the gas engine 2011 Super Duty.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've seen the V10 in a friend's 09 F-350 do some decent towing with no problems other that low mileage, but the SVTP 6.4 doesn't get much better.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I've seen the V10 in a friend's 09 F-350 do some decent towing with no problems other that low mileage, but the SVTP 6.4 doesn't get much better.
I agree, Sid.

That is why Ford offers two options on the Super Duty. Some guys need the diesel and some guys just need the gas engine. I can tell you many stories about how many trailers that I pulled out of rain-soaked grass race track when their Chevy just couldn't handle it. :shrug:

If I needed a truck to work a construction site and needed to haul a big bulldozer every day, I'd buy an oil-burner. But I just need a truck to haul to Watkins Glen, NY a couple of times a year.

And no one makes a better tow truck that is also a nice looking truck.
F3502.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I agree, Sid.

That is why Ford offers two options on the Super Duty. Some guys need the diesel and some guys just need the gas engine. I can tell you many stories about how many trailers that I pulled out of rain-soaked grass race track when their Chevy just couldn't handle it. :shrug:

If I needed a truck to work a construction site and needed to haul a big bulldozer every day, I'd buy an oil-burner. But I just need a truck to haul to Watkins Glen, NY a couple of times a year.

And no one makes a better tow truck that is also a nice looking truck.
F3502.jpg

No need to spend an extra $5k to do that.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
No need to spend an extra $5k to do that.

Sid,
The diesel was actually $8550 more when I ordered mine. In late 2003, Ford had a $2000 rebate on the gas engine and would discount from MSRP. The diesel was $6500 more (w/ the same options) and had less discount from MSRP. It also required an upgraded automatic transmission. Then there was more sales tax.

2004F350a.jpg

It depends on when you buy a truck. A friend bought a 2008 F250 1-wheel drive (no limited slip :-D ) diesel last winter (when no one was buying). He bought a gold/brown XLT with Tow Control for less than I paid for a 2004 gas F350. :shrug:

We'll see how pricing works out on the new truck.

diesel4eva

Established Member
Well for 1 it's a shit ton more reliable than the 6.0 and 6.4's.... :poke:

you better watch wat you say every powerstroke ENGINE is reliable but once you start puuting all the regen and urea cooling and 500 other differnent systems in the truck thats where it ****s up

Users who are viewing this thread