The 1 of 23 Sonic Blue w/ Parchment Build

LS WUT

Established Member
Thank you so much. I dearly miss my car. The build will continue once I get back. The only colors I would take other than Sonic Blue is Torch Red and Oxford White, but Sonic Blue in my opinion is far superior to all colors.
It’s amazing! I’ve got an Oxford white coupe, and a black coupe also! Desperately trying to find a Clean Sonic. It’s my dream color. The hunt continues, I’ll for sure be keeping my eyes peeled on your build. Thanks for taking us along for your journey!

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
It’s amazing! I’ve got an Oxford white coupe, and a black coupe also! Desperately trying to find a Clean Sonic. It’s my dream color. The hunt continues, I’ll for sure be keeping my eyes peeled on your build. Thanks for taking us along for your journey!
Keep looking man. They are out there. Sadly, Sonic Blue is getting very expensive for one in good shape. There was a Sonic Blue w/ Parchment seats and 32k miles posted a while back for over 30k. I regret not buy that one as well haha

LS WUT

Established Member
Keep looking man. They are out there. Sadly, Sonic Blue is getting very expensive for one in good shape. There was a Sonic Blue w/ Parchment seats and 32k miles posted a while back for over 30k. I regret not buy that one as well haha
It always seemed to amuse me. We all know what the cars are worth, and such. My 2003 Oxford White has 19k miles, I’ve been told it’s worth around $35k-$39k. However it seems I only ever get offered $30k. At this point I’d even trade my Oxford for a Sonic with higher miles. Seems selling it is a fun game to try and play haha.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
It always seemed to amuse me. We all know what the cars are worth, and such. My 2003 Oxford White has 19k miles, I’ve been told it’s worth around $35k-$39k. However it seems I only ever get offered $30k. At this point I’d even trade my Oxford for a Sonic with higher miles. Seems selling it is a fun game to try and play haha.
I'd honestly keep the white car. I think Oxford White will become even more popular soon.

Something I don't get is when other 03/04 Cobra owners with clean cars bash for sale ads that have higher that the norm price tags. By all means bring the market up and make what I have more valuable.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
When I was looking for my car, in late '07, I almost snagged a ported eaton Sonic blue car. It was nice in pics, but about 8 hours from me and I found my car a week later in Cincinnati. I still think Sonic Blue is a better color, but I definitely like my DSG....haha. Too bad prices suck to buy right now.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
When I was looking for my car, in late '07, I almost snagged a ported eaton Sonic blue car. It was nice in pics, but about 8 hours from me and I found my car a week later in Cincinnati. I still think Sonic Blue is a better color, but I definitely like my DSG....haha. Too bad prices suck to buy right now.
Just my opinion but Sonic, DSG, Torch Red, Oxford White, Comp O and Mystic will always be the highest price cars. I think the cars that are clean and well done will continue to rise in price. The cars that got bought and are now beat up from when the cars got very affordable will continue to be sub 25k ish in price.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
UPDATE:

I could not resist buying stuff while I am gone. I got a jump start on the iteration two of the suspension. I believe what I have now is a great setup for the everyday enthusiast, but I want more. There has to be a pinnacle of both drivability and performance, so I am going to chase that.

The current setup is H&R red race springs, Maximum Motorsports (MM) caster camber plates, Steeda bump steer kit, Koni adjustable shocks and struts, and Steeda sway bars (I believe they're Steeda). The new setup will be KW V3 coilovers, MM k member, MM control arms (non-offset w/ derlin bushings), MM solid steering rack bushings, MM bump steer kit, and the entire FTBR catalog. All of the links should be below.

I am also thinking about the Stifflers FIT system, Stifflers lower chasis brace, and Stifflers spider brace. If you have any experience with those kits let me know.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
I also forgot to show the update on the tint I went with. My buddy who is watching her while I am out took her to get done. I went with SolarFX Plus 5% on the windows and rear glass, and 30% on the windshield. I have heard mix things about SolarFX but I've known that tint guy for years. He said if I didn't like it he'd order and install Xpel Prime XR Plus in the same % ratings.
Cobra.jpg
Cobra2.jpg
Cobra3.jpg
Cobra4.jpg
Cobra5.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have Stifflers SFC's, jacking rails, and spider brace that runs between them. There was a noticeable change in how the car felt after installing them. The jacking rails make raising a lowered car easy peasy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The more I read through your thread, the more I appreciate all the work/mods you've done since buying it. I like the wheels and the dark tint. So Florida allows a tinted windshield (30%). Here in Connecticut, we can't tint the entire front windshield; if we do tint the windshield, it can only be tinted from the top of the windshield to a point at least 29' above the top of the driver's seat.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
I have Stifflers SFC's, jacking rails, and spider brace that runs between them. There was a noticeable change in how the car felt after installing them. The jacking rails make raising a lowered car easy peasy.
That's the kind of info I was looking for! I appreciate the insight. I probably going to order all three now so I can get that front end stiffened up. That was the massive difference between my 06 Z06 and this car. The planted chassis feeling. I'm chasing it a little bit for this car knowing it won't ever be on that level.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
The more I read through your thread, the more I appreciate all the work/mods you've done since buying it. I like the wheels and the dark tint. So Florida allows a tinted windshield (30%). Here in Connecticut, we can't tint the entire front windshield; if we do tint the windshield, it can only be tinted from the top of the windshield to a point at least 29' above the top of the driver's seat.
I appreciate the kind words. I'm trying to build the best version of the 03/04 Cobra out there. The wheels aren't bad but they are not a permanent solution. I am looking into CCWs and BC Forged right now.
It isn't technically legal but Florida is pretty relaxed on things. All of my LE buddies said as long as it isn't blacked out and they can see your face they won't make a fuss.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Wound up ordering all of the Stifflers parts mentioned above. Heard they really make the car feel solid and rigid. Excited to experience the new suspension when I get back in September. The car should be vastly improved over the previous setup and 100% different than what they came with from the factory.

I am looking at what the next brake setup is going to be. I am leaning towards a 6 piston 14" Brembo GT kit for the front and the FTBR 13" floating rear conversion.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I appreciate the kind words. I'm trying to build the best version of the 03/04 Cobra out there. The wheels aren't bad but they are not a permanent solution. I am looking into CCWs and BC Forged right now.
It isn't technically legal but Florida is pretty relaxed on things. All of my LE buddies said as long as it isn't blacked out and they can see your face they won't make a fuss.
Seems like wheels are a very common regularly changed mod. CCWs would look awesome. CT is kind of like Florida as far as tint enforcement, but it's risky. It's a pain in the butt (and costly) if you end up having to remove a darker tint here. I've done windows tints but only within the law. Another downside of dark window tint is visibility OUT at night.

Wound up ordering all of the Stifflers parts mentioned above. Heard they really make the car feel solid and rigid. Excited to experience the new suspension when I get back in September. The car should be vastly improved over the previous setup and 100% different than what they came with from the factory.

I am looking at what the next brake setup is going to be. I am leaning towards a 6 piston 14" Brembo GT kit for the front and the FTBR 13" floating rear conversion.

I saw your Stifflers post in another thread. You're going to like it.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Seems like wheels are a very common regularly changed mod. CCWs would look awesome. CT is kind of like Florida as far as tint enforcement, but it's risky. It's a pain in the butt (and costly) if you end up having to remove a darker tint here. I've done windows tints but only within the law. Another downside of dark window tint is visibility OUT at night.

I saw your Stifflers post in another thread. You're going to like it.
From what I have read I believe I will as well. They should be key in getting rid of that early 2000s soft sluggish feel.

Brakes should be getting ordered soon.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're pretty set on the "6 piston 14" Brembo GT kit for the front and the FTBR 13" floating rear conversion"? I've always liked Brembo products. I was very pleased with the Brembos on my 2019 G-70.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
You're pretty set on the "6 piston 14" Brembo GT kit for the front and the FTBR 13" floating rear conversion"? I've always liked Brembo products. I was very pleased with the Brembos on my 2019 G-70.
That I am, it has been the dream brake setup for a while now. I think it will be about as good as you can get for the platform.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Spec'd out some CCW Twisted Classics today. I am trying to hunt down some one that can replicate the old anodized finish CCW use to offer called Anodized Brushed Titanium. It was a super sick color and it was my dream finish but at the time I was not in a position where I could afford a wheel like CCW. The color is similar to gun metal, maybe a bit lighter but when the light hits it just right it has that blued titanium color to it. I think it would be a special touch to the car, and make the project all that more special.

If you know any good wheel anodizing people out there let me know. I desperately need to replicate that finish from CCW. I did contact them and they said no go on them doing it.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
The dream brake setup is ordered. 355mm slotted rotor 6 piston Brembo setup for the front and FTBR 13" floating conversation for the rear (FT7000A I believe).

Shane and the crew at Lethal Performance took great care of me on the Brembo kit. I was able to get some savings and get them to custom order them with the silver finish and black logo instead of the usual red that comes on the silver calipers. It costed me 395 bucks for the color swap but I think it'll be well worth it.

This should be the last of the big performance upgrades for a good while at least. I do plan on going way overboard with a new motor, trans, and other stuff in the future but for now I want to enjoy this version once I get back. I will be doing interior stuff when I get back as well. At least version 1 as the interior is stock currently with the exception of some extra gauges.

"Brembo 94-04 Mustang Gran Turismo Front 355mm Brake Kit w/ 2pc Slotted Rotors and 6 Piston Calipers - Brembo - Big Brake Kits - Brakes - 2003-2004 - Ford SVT Cobra - Vehicle Selector - Shop Now" Brembo 94-04 Mustang Gran Turismo Front 355mm Brake Kit w/ 2pc Slotted Rotors and 6 Piston Calipers

Users who are viewing this thread