The '03 and '04 Cobra is still..

BenD

Established Member
The best bang for the buck to produce massive, gut wrenching power, with very little expense as compared to the modified Porsches, Vipers, Ferrari's, M3's, even the STi's and yes the CTS-V's.

Designed and priced for the masses with after market parts that won't stop. You can match the modified performance of any of the above with half the expense and with a little more beat them at their own game.

If someone truly wants an all out street and track racer that's not a Mustang die hard as I am and wants to take on those high dollar cars mentioned above and beat 'em for sure there is only one option.

The new Lotus elise. About 1850 lbs soaking wet with 190 HP. Add a S/C, exhaust and Chip, fiddle with the tune and some wider wheels and tires you'll have a monster that's in the power to weight ratio of high 5's or low 6's. Car and mods will be in the neighborhood of $55,000. Still well below the above hardware.

Just some food for thought.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Spoken from the heart of a tried and true Cobra diehard. And proud of it. Enjoy that '03! And I agree with you. Things might get interesting in the near future, though as other manufacturers continue to step up to the plate.

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
agree with the above. For the price you can't beat it. There are better overall cars, but you certainly pay the price to own them. i.e. C6 vette, mercedes, bmw. I like my clunky, noisy, 500 hp cobra. Can't beat it.

BenD

Established Member
Your right about that!

Hey COBRA BOB!

You're absolutely right about that. Others are raising the bar as we speak, but as a fellow Cobra afficionado you know as well as I do we can keep up.

Some that I run against like to refer to our cars as antiquated, overweight junk. I've heard that more than once. But you know it simply sends them in to a tail spin when our junk waxes their ass.

Ben

fr03cobra

Established Member
I think CobraBob needs to get another 03-04 cobra he postes so much on svtp. I would not be able to stand coming back to the website with out having one. Just strap a KB or whipple on it this time.lol

Users who are viewing this thread