Thats right. I Want the Quietest Muffer.

svtaddict

Established Member
Which mid pipe are u running with the packs? The reason i ask is because im against the fence on decided my next mid pipe! Im curently the stock catback with the packs welded on. At first i had the stock mid pipe, then i changed it for a mac o/r h and man did it wake up, it sounds good, however the thing that bothers me is that if i get on the gas it sounds kind of raspy towards the high rpm 3,500-4000 on the lower gears, i also tried a o/r prochamber and to my surprise it sounds pretty identical to the stock h pipe, i migth give the bassani catted x a try i found a local guy selling one pretty cheap, do u think is going to sound about the same as the pro chamber ? Considering the bassani is catted!! Sorry i dindt mean to jack up the thread !! Any input is gradly appriciated

im running a bbk catted h with my packs and am happy with the sound. but nothing sounds as clean as stingers too bad they're so loud

svtaddict

Established Member
I went for the same goal of being quiet and got to the level of stock but with a deeper tone. I can sneak up on my friends and they don't notice me till I'm right next to them. LOL!

This is a full custom setup that I had ceramic coated when I finished building it. The system consists of: two high flow Magnaflow cats, a center Magnflow "X" flow muffler, two Magnaflow mufflers and a second "X" under the rear diff. All 2 1/2" stainless steel mandrel bent piping tig welded together. Flows pretty good and sounds nice and mellow.

419be9fd.jpg

505d8ace.jpg

damn thats some money in your setup. what do you have in that thing? if you dont mind.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I cant run cats cause am going auto . I like the resonator .I dont have irs like the car in question above .but what mufflers and resonator is that . Mine stringers for sra are not offset mufflers center center.
And whay are Maggies? Thanks

stangfreak

Established Member
magnaflow catback. I just spoke about this in the other thread.

My original setup was o/r prochamber and borla stinger catback. stock manifolds. The car was loud. cruising around town got a little annoying. I asked the guys at the shop what should I do to keep it quiet but still bite under hard acceleration.

we removed the stingers and put magnflows on. My car did loose torque from the swap, but I can cruise right by cops, state troopers and they don't even know I am passing them. its quiet.

combo now.....mac long tubes, o/r prochamber, magnaflow catback.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Magnaflows! How much for your borlas

MagnaFlows are pretty tame and quite for cruising and sound great at WOT. Best way to go IMO. I also haved the high flow Magna catted X pipe and its a great exhuast system you can't go wrong with!!!

EDIT: And they've been recommended a few times in this thread already!!!

Last edited:

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
Buy the maggie x pipe that also a muffler and keep your stingers or weld some bullits in place of cats

null_zps76c14ab8.png

Last edited:

1hot281

Established Member
Magnapack mufflers in place of cats, full size magnaflows in place of the Borla mufflers, resonated exhaust tips.

SVT-FI$H2088

Fi$hmeister
Established Member
I had the borla pro xs' sand sounded pretty tame and not annoying at all. But had a real good bark when at WOT. But now I currently run the Borla (touring-part number:14858) catback and is very similar to the pro xs but a lot cleaner and garglier. But still much more tame than the stingers. I also run a off road X. The steeda catback runs the same muffler. IMO my current setup has the best of both worlds. Hope this helps.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
I have stock manifolds, off road pro chamber and the quiet Borla mufflers which i believe they call the touring mufflers, and i have to say that they are pretty mellow cruising around but when you get on it they sound pretty awesome. Definitely not obnoxiously loud at all! But for having no cats i was really surprised how quiet and mellow they were until i smashed the peddle. Nice deep sound at WOT! I would recommend this set up if you want to keep it cool cruising around without any worries of neighbors or cops, and will most certainly do its job at WOT. My pervious set up was stingers with the pro chamber O/R and it was a huge change going from that. I Love it now and my ears don't hurt anymore driving on the FWY, Lol

Users who are viewing this thread