Thats right. I Want the Quietest Muffer.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I used to like it Loud, I have Borla Stingers. Cops follow me home everyone I take it out close to the house people report me 2 times in 3 weeks , but only drove it twice.What Mufflers are the quitest.While still having good flow. Wife wants me to sell car. Cause of this. This is no B/S.
Thanks

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i would imagine they sell em for the IRS cars but Ive always been happy with my steeda catback setup. Nice sound but doesnt attract as much attention. I had magnapacks with everything else stock and you could hear me blocks away, with these and a bassanni catted midpipe it was substantially quieter

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Got to be some muffler quiter then MFs . Like a round stock truck muffler. Am thinking I dont even want to here my car Idling now. Only have 700 miles and them. Had Macs before but was still loud and droney.

D-MANN

Established Member
Try welding in some resonators if you have an offroad pipe. I had the steeda catback and it was quiet till you mashed the throttle.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Rick

Does the car have cats?

Magnaflows are pretty quiet at cruise but have a little bark when you get on it but is by no means "annoying" at anytime.

If you want really quite mufflers that will require restrictions in the system to quell the exhaust note which is a plain old passenger car muffler. I remember reading way back when was to run (4) 1971 Chrysler Imperial mufflers that had 2 1/2" tube on both ends which were run in parallel for a stealth exhaust. You could look at other performance cars like a Cadillac CTS-V, a hefty BMW 7 series but those usually have more than 1 muffler per side or maybe even a truck muffler but it's a tight fit under the Mustang.

I would get a set of maggies :rockon: They won't choke the engine.

4601S/C

Established Member
Dang man, true to your name lol. How about the Borla Touring mufflers? Those are pretty quiet.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
A double muffler ? 4 total. That might work I thought I muffler off a f250 or something. Need to vo to u pull it. To the point of selling it. For sure if I dont make it a 4R75W soon

b_dike

Established Member
I'd be finding a different neighborhood instead. Lol

Just get you a catted midpipe, and you should be fine. Just don't get on it near your house.

D-MANN

Established Member
Of course stock is going to be as quiet as it gets, but they also have pretty crappy flow characteristics. I bet the Dynomax VT's would be quiet when you want them to be and loud when you put the hammer down - Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Mufflers | Dynomax VT™ Muffler

Last time i checked the VT muffler didnt have same side offset that you would need for an IRS. I went with the steeda and loved the sound. Now i have Mac longtubes with magnaflow catback. My mid pipe is a lethal offroad x that i welded two vibrant resonators in. Its the best set up ive had to date. Ive had a few exhaust systems on this car lol

svtaddict

Established Member
Last time i checked the VT muffler didnt have same side offset that you would need for an IRS. I went with the steeda and loved the sound. Now i have Mac longtubes with magnaflow catback. My mid pipe is a lethal offroad x that i welded two vibrant resonators in. Its the best set up ive had to date. Ive had a few exhaust systems on this car lol

ive had that same setup longtubes offroad x and maggies and it sounds like just a bunch of noise. maggies sound alright with cats but i would say the quiet borlas sound cleaner and quieter.

D-MANN

Established Member
ive had that same setup longtubes offroad x and maggies and it sounds like just a bunch of noise. maggies sound alright with cats but i would say the quiet borlas sound cleaner and quieter.

I love it. The vibrant resonators take the bark out of the sound and it sounds alot cleaner. I agree that without resos it was loud.

svtaddict

Established Member
the quietest mufflers you can use are offroad x and slp lm1s;-) j/k i used to have stingers and yes they do get annoying but i regret getting rid of them and someday i will get some more for now my packs sound great.

Last edited:

1sickcobra

Banned
the quietest mufflers you can use are offroad x and slp lm1s;-) j/k i used to have stingers and yes they do get annoying but i regret getting rid of them and someday i will get some more for now my packs sound great.

Which mid pipe are u running with the packs? The reason i ask is because im against the fence on decided my next mid pipe! Im curently the stock catback with the packs welded on. At first i had the stock mid pipe, then i changed it for a mac o/r h and man did it wake up, it sounds good, however the thing that bothers me is that if i get on the gas it sounds kind of raspy towards the high rpm 3,500-4000 on the lower gears, i also tried a o/r prochamber and to my surprise it sounds pretty identical to the stock h pipe, i migth give the bassani catted x a try i found a local guy selling one pretty cheap, do u think is going to sound about the same as the pro chamber ? Considering the bassani is catted!! Sorry i dindt mean to jack up the thread !! Any input is gradly appriciated

Last edited:

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I went for the same goal of being quiet and got to the level of stock but with a deeper tone. I can sneak up on my friends and they don't notice me till I'm right next to them. LOL!

This is a full custom setup that I had ceramic coated when I finished building it. The system consists of: two high flow Magnaflow cats, a center Magnflow "X" flow muffler, two Magnaflow mufflers and a second "X" under the rear diff. All 2 1/2" stainless steel mandrel bent piping tig welded together. Flows pretty good and sounds nice and mellow.

419be9fd.jpg

505d8ace.jpg

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Honestly for all the trouble you'd be going through buying an exhaust setup that's aftermarket, if you want quiet just go back to stock. It'd be alot cheaper and I think you'll hate yourself later down the road spending all that money and have stock Hondas that are louder.

Just get something thats quiet until you hit WOT. magnaflows with a catted X pipe sound awesome and are almost silent at idle or cruising. Goodluck OP

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

And looking at their available configurations, you are correct. It's a bummer too since everyone wants the FR500 exhaust with dual mode mufflers and those aren't ever forsale anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread