Thanks to Rick at Metco!

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I just wanted to give a shout out to Rick at Metco Motorsports. I met him at the Georgia 1/2 Mile Speed Shootout this past weekend and he's a great guy! Gave me some sound words of wisdom regarding a recurring belt issue I've been having...top notch products and customer service, which is often hard to come by these days!

2003CobraOx

Established Member
I've spoken with Rick on the phone several times. Definitely a stand-up guy and super eager to assist in any way possible!

jazz05

Established Member
I had Metco build me some custom pulleys a few years ago, top notch stuff great service and a hell of a good price, those guys are the best

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
they seem like standup people, they even helped me out with some of their stuff that was already on the Lightning I bought a while back

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Very vague statement. What was the issue and the fix?

Belt chirp. I've tried about a million things to fix it aside from messing with the crank pulley. Rick emailed me a list of several different fixes, which includes inspecting the surfaces inside the crank pulley for rust which can throw the belt ever so slightly out of alignment. Mine rubs just barely on the outside rib of the crank pulley. Got to take it off and get everything seated better.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Probably not a fix in your situation, but I had a nagging belt chirp issue once. Tried three belts (same brand but I can't remember what it was). Switched to a different brand belt and the chirping never came back. Apparently the one brand glazed quickly when spinning the aluminum idlers/pulley. The other brand (Gatorback) didn't glaze.

Always nice to hear when vendors are especially helpful to customers. Sounds like Rick is one of those. Metco is a great company. With great products.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Probably not a fix in your situation, but I had a nagging belt chirp issue once. Tried three belts (same brand but I can't remember what it was). Switched to a different brand belt and the chirping never came back. Apparently the one brand glazed quickly when spinning the aluminum idlers/pulley. The other brand (Gatorback) didn't glaze.

Always nice to hear when vendors are especially helpful to customers. Sounds like Rick is one of those. Metco is a great company. With great products.

I've tried numerous brands of belts and sizes. The only thing left that hasn't been messed with is the lower pulley setup. I figured since a well known shop installed it that it couldn't be the problem. I'm starting to rethink that logic!

Users who are viewing this thread