Thanks for the help guys!

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Just wanted to update you guys on my car. It is now running perfectly. After spending the whole week going over crap it turned out to be a faultly MAFia it looks like.
The 2.76 upper and 4lb lower is absolutely nuts. It is way more powerfull now than when it was just the 2.76 upper and stage IV port.
The car now spins the tires past 70mph. I said that I would not be putting drag radials on this car but looks like may have no option.
315/30/18 BFG's are one of this winters mods now.
But I just wanted to say thanks for the help from those of you who helped and the key with these cars is be patient, things don't always work perfectly.
Ryan.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Good deal Ryan......I know that we're all hearing that 16 lbs of boost if optimal for the port, but have seen more and more folks going for more with good success. I guess that's why I have a 6 lb ring coming in the mail!!! ;-)

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Good deal Ryan......I know that we're all hearing that 16 lbs of boost if optimal for the port, but have seen more and more folks going for more with good success. I guess that's why I have a 6 lb ring coming in the mail!!! ;-)

You should have just ordered a 2.76 upper with your Whipple tensioner. I'm seeing absolutely no belt slip with a Gates 080806 belt. I have the whipple tensioner all the way to the drivers side giving maximim wrap and the tensioner is right in the center.
But i'm positive the 6lb lower will give the same results:rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, 16 lbs. is a good goal but we all know there are more than a few with 17 lbs. of boost with the stock ported Eaton. So SB, you having fun yet? LOL!

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Yep, 16 lbs. is a good goal but we all know there are more than a few with 17 lbs. of boost with the stock ported Eaton. So SB, you having fun yet? LOL!

Ya the car is running awesome Bob. Having that kind of power on tap is pretty fun. I just can't believe that the 4lb lower made that much difference compared to the Stage IV 2.76 upper.
I new it would be stronger but damn.
Another thing is I am still kicking myself for not running a Wideband all along. Sometimes a guy is cheap at the wrong times. I definately learned my lesson.
I just need to pick a nice Midpipe next to go with my Magnaflow catback. Running the stocker is probably holding me back a little at these power levels.
I want to find something that will flow nice and stay quieter. My days of loud exhausts are over.
Ryan.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Ya the car is running awesome Bob. Having that kind of power on tap is pretty fun. I just can't believe that the 4lb lower made that much difference compared to the Stage IV 2.76 upper.
I new it would be stronger but damn.
Another thing is I am still kicking myself for not running a Wideband all along. Sometimes a guy is cheap at the wrong times. I definately learned my lesson.
I just need to pick a nice Midpipe next to go with my Magnaflow catback. Running the stocker is probably holding me back a little at these power levels.
I want to find something that will flow nice and stay quieter. My days of loud exhausts are over.
Ryan.

You know what midpipe I like Ryan. You better get one, my coupe will be ready this spring! I just have to figure out how hard to spin it? I am thinking get a pulley ratio similar to a 2.93/4lb which means the master machinist needs to build me a 3.25" upper to go with the 8lb.

Your car is definately moving now how it should have been, hope my coupe will run hard come spring :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread