Thank you

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
If you want, I can give you the tips on how to do it. I tried the method that's out there using the stock bracket and it didn't even begin to line up with the bumper. I'll take a picture when I'm off work, they look like they were made to be there. The only negative is the tiny little GM logo that's on the bottom of the lens. You can't even really see it, but I still know it's there haha

96GT226410

Established Member
If you want, I can give you the tips on how to do it. I tried the method that's out there using the stock bracket and it didn't even begin to line up with the bumper. I'll take a picture when I'm off work, they look like they were made to be there. The only negative is the tiny little GM logo that's on the bottom of the lens. You can't even really see it, but I still know it's there haha
Yeah, please do that. I'm going to do the swap today. Thanks.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
Yeah, please do that. I'm going to do the swap today. Thanks.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
So pretty much the easiest way I can tell you is to go to the hardware store and get some aluminum bar stock, it doesn't have to be too thick (I used 1/8" x 1" wide). Make sure you get a decent amount though, because there's alot of trial and error. I just cut the strips to length and mounted them using the stock foglight mounting bolt locations. You can play around with the orientation and bends of the strips to locate the fogs directly in the holes in be bumper, and I was able to utilize the factory Envoy mounting bracket this way. All in all figuring out how to do it and remaking the brackets a couple of times until I was happy with it, it took about 4 hours start to finish. Also, use the Envoy spec bulb instead of the Cobra bulb, the connector is the same, it is just a lower wattage bulb and will be far less likely to melt the housing.

brucesvt

Established Member
Finally took my car out for its maiden voyage around the neighborhood and looks like i have a couple issues that need my attention.

-leaky diff
-no turn signal lights
-speedometer not working but the RPMs work fine
-new ac compressor(summers down here are horrible)
-needs a double din radio(not important)

Just when I thought I had this car finished lol

But felt damnnn good to drive a cobra again. Just hearing the xpipe to flowmasters(until I find something else) I was in heaven for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

brucesvt

Established Member
Does anyone have a Coolant Crossover I can buy off them. Mine is rusty as heck

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

brucesvt

Established Member
Sooo these bad boys came in the mail today JBAs...had long tubes on my other cobra got tired of scraping everywhere. And this car will be a cruiser anyway. Should install them in the next couple weeks. Still searching for a coolant crossover and need to the fix the big list above
IMG_3837.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread