Thank you IRS ... whats next?

Joey8

Established Member
I'm going to be getting about 2,100 back from the lovely IRS this year :eek:. What should I get next? I was thinking either two options:

1) DSS 1 piece driveshaft AND a whiteline watts link

or option 2

2) A nitrous outlet hardline kit with all the goodies (IE bottle heater, window switch, purge etc.)

Now for you nitrous gurus can you run the nitrous tune even when the bottle isn't active? Say your just cruising around (on the nitrous tune) and all of a sudden you wanna make a run and spray can you just activate the bottle, purge it, and be good to go? If anyone has some further insight on this it'll be great.

Thanks Guys:beer:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Both options are nice. If you go the nitrous route, you can drive on a nitrous tune. Nitrous tunes have less timing, so don't expect to run your very best NA while on it

Joey8

Established Member
I really want the cool factor of nitrous but I go to the track maybe twice a month if that. I don't think it would be smart to be spraying on the streets. I think the 1 piece DS and watt links would be alot more beneficial for my situation.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
make payment towards car loan.

if not id say option 1. option 2 will requre tuning and possibly fuel upgrades. in the end it will cost more than you think. plus nitrous and stock drive shaft isnt the best idea. not saying it will explode as soon as you hit the nitrous but there is the possibility.

Joey8

Established Member
make payment towards car loan.

if not id say option 1. option 2 will requre tuning and possibly fuel upgrades. in the end it will cost more than you think. plus nitrous and stock drive shaft isnt the best idea. not saying it will explode as soon as you hit the nitrous but there is the possibility.

Thats true too. Plus in the future I'm eventually gonna TT it or throw a blower on there. I think I will go with a 1 piece DS and a watts link.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Supporting mods first first is better. No fun chasing down weak areas later. Don't be like me with a 700hp car with no real suspension mods and crap tires. It's all funny at first but the fun runs out quick. Good luck.

I need to do research but why a watts link?

Joey8

Established Member
Alright. I think I made my decision...well sort of. I am definitely going with a DSS 1 piece driveshaft. I am leaning towards the nitrous kit because of the easy power and what a simple 100 shot is doing to these coyote motors.

I don't go to the track much maybe 2 - 3 times a month. However, I just think the "cool" factor of nitrous is awesome. Being able to have an extra 100 hp at the mercy of your right foot is awesome to me. I am going to go with the nitrous outlet hard line kit with a purge kit, auto bottle opener (so i can arm it on the move), a tpm/wot window switch, and a bottle heater. Are brisk plugs needed? Could I run brisk plugs all the time even if I decide to switch to a normal 93 VMP tune? What do you guys think...

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread