TexasMotorplex Results 2/25

coleman

Established Member
StockVette said:
Coleman, i would definately not recommend running those ET street consistantly w/ radials upfront. The car will be very hard to control towards the big end, once you get it going fast. Check out www.ccwheel.com , I'm sure they could put together a drag package for your car, and it would be much safer, and faster.
Yes, it certainly did feel funny going down the track ... like the rear was running on jello. Thank you for the advice!!!

My Mach1 friend has some of these:
http://www.bogartracingwheels.com/

Last edited:

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
coleman said:
Never been out to the Denton track ... if it doesn't look like rain and you're there, I'll head out there.
Please call me if you do end up going. Unfortunately, I have no way to get my tires out there, so I most likely won't run, but I do need to go there once as a spectator before returning to race :)

Will do. Tires: Why can't you put them in a 55gal trash bag and put them in the backseat? I will bring a jack and tools if you need since I'm towing if I go.

StockVette

Established Member
coleman said:
Yes, it certainly did feel funny going down the track ... like the rear was running on jello. Thank you for the advice!!!

My Mach1 friend has some of these:
http://www.bogartracingwheels.com/

Bogart and CCW are known to be the equal-best for drag racing, as well as some of the weld models. Chances are, any of the fast nice cars you see at the track will have Bogarts or CCW's.

coleman

Established Member
JerryK ... ok, I can try that. I just don't want to trash my interior :)

StockVette, Bogarts look to be more cost effective than CCWs.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Coleman your car kicks ass....we needa get together and make a bad ass video.

My best pass was 13.43 @ 102 on BFG TA/DRs in the bullitt.

Still workin and playin w/that blown 347 fox. Cant wait to get it rollin.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Do you remember that guy that showed up w/the silver cobra that one friday night...it had the 18" black bullitts.

Yall should race...He seemed a little cokcy....not that i didnt like the guy i just kinda got the vibe he wanted to race you but was beating around the bush about it.

I had to spell cokcy wrong because apparently this thing cant desifer between **** and ****y

Last edited:

Bazuko

Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
Do you remember that guy that showed up w/the silver cobra that one friday night...it had the 18" black bullitts.

Yall should race...He seemed a little cokcy....not that i didnt like the guy i just kinda got the vibe he wanted to race you but was beating around the bush about it.

I had to spell cokcy wrong because apparently this thing cant desifer between **** and ****y

I think you are talking about Pannu, he is cool though. But I think coleman wouild win, I mean hes got about 140rwhp more than him... Count me in for that video, and I am getting my rear end built this weekend, so let me know, if you guys go to any track.

Oh, and coleman. Let me know if you need a cage...JamesB on dfwstangs builds cages for pretty much all the big boys..

coleman

Established Member
Bazuko ... I DO NEED A CAGE!!!
I'll send you a PM.

I'm considering going to Denton this Saturday w/ JerryK.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
JamesB's car is awesome...one of the cleanest/fastest fox bodies I have ever seen in my life period! Everything about it is top notch. And yes, Coleman would beat him hands down ...it wouldn't beat close imo.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
StockVette said:
131 in your conv? I definately want to race you when Im in town... :burnout:
No that was my hatch, the Vert is my dad's ride, and it will make around 750 RW. :thumbsup: My Hatch made 719 before I sold the charger off it, its best trap was 138 in the heat with the tires hazing through the 1/8th mile. :cuss:

I've fixed the traction issue, but sold the blower, so t will only do around 120 for now, but the Vert should be in the 137 range since its a couple lbs heavier than my hatch :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread