TexasMotorplex Results 2/25

coleman

Established Member
Texas Motorplex on 2/25:

1. Very crowded
2. 1.5 hour late start
3. Only made two passes
4. Racing stopped for 2 hours
5. But, I did still manage to get kicked out :)

slip1.jpg
slip2.jpg

So, what's next? Roll bar, roll cage, driveshaft loop, what?

Last edited:

damnfast_84

yeah you need to go get that cage so you can get back out there. So are you thinking of buying skinnies now that you have your M/T ET Streets.

coleman

Established Member
roll cage, skinnies, weight reduction ...
my car weighs in @ 3715 w/ me ... so that's just over 3500 w/o me.

Labora

Is that a Fobra?
Established Member
coleman said:
roll cage, skinnies, weight reduction ...
my car weighs in @ 3715 w/ me ... so that's just over 3500 w/o me.

You could shed some pounds swapping me your IRS for my solid axle but I'm just dreaming haha. :beer: :poke:

coleman

Established Member
Labora, quite a few Cobras that are serious about drag racing would take you up on that ... but I've spent far too much $$$ on my IRS: 3.73, hardened half-shafts, coil-overs, tubular upper/lower control arms, bushings, diff brace, etc... geez

My fantasy is to buy a solid axle and swap them out for different events ... crazy, eh?

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Labora said:
You could shed some pounds swapping me your IRS for my solid axle but I'm just dreaming haha. :beer: :poke:

I would take you up on that !!! What gearset, differential and axles?

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Nice times, I ran almost the same at 606 RW... My best was a 11.30 @ 131 with a 1.75 60 foot on some E/T streets... Nice pass!

coleman

Established Member
STROKD, wow! that is very close ... but you trapped @ 131 :thumbsup: ... maybe I'm shifting too early or not shifting fast enough. I was on E/T Streets as well. :)

StockVette

Established Member
STROKD said:
Nice times, I ran almost the same at 606 RW... My best was a 11.30 @ 131 with a 1.75 60 foot on some E/T streets... Nice pass!

131 in your conv? I definately want to race you when Im in town... :burnout:

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
GREAT Job Coleman, well deserved bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer: :coolman:

Glad to hear the ET Streets helped!! If you want to keep running the quarter then your going to need that cage because Ennis is tough. You could leave it as is and keep running the 1/8th mile tracks at Denton and Kennedale and occasionally get the finger-wagging. DS Loop is a smart idea no matter what.

I'm going to try and go Saturday if the weather holds.

For weight reduction have you removed the sway bar for the track and put the small Odyssey batter in?

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Im not that impressed by those trap speeds or ET's coming from a cammed/stroked KB. Either turn up the boost, or learn how to drive your $hit. Im not bashing on you coleman, I just think for what you've got in the car, you should be pulling much better numbers out of that thing. People on just upper and lower pulleys are trapping near your best trap speed.

coleman

Established Member
Jerryk, so, which track are you heading to this Saturday?
I haven't removed the sway bar and my Odyssey battery is in the garage.

Ballistik8, these are my first two passes with ET Streets. I still have a lot more to learn, so you're right ... they aren't that great. But I do hope to improve quickly ... problem is practicing w/o a roll cage is not possible (generally).
But I do have the bug bad ... I want 10s. I'm not getting good burn outs, granny shifting, and trying to get used to these bias-ply tires.
Hell, my best time before this was 12.5xx -- i've seen stock cobras do that!
so, give me a little break here :shrug:

StockVette

Established Member
Coleman, i would definately not recommend running those ET street consistantly w/ radials upfront. The car will be very hard to control towards the big end, once you get it going fast. Check out www.ccwheel.com , I'm sure they could put together a drag package for your car, and it would be much safer, and faster.

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
coleman said:
Jerryk, so, which track are you heading to this Saturday?
I haven't removed the sway bar and my Odyssey battery is in the garage.

Ballistik8, these are my first two passes with ET Streets. I still have a lot more to learn, so you're right ... they aren't that great. But I do hope to improve quickly ... problem is practicing w/o a roll cage is not possible (generally).
But I do have the bug bad ... I want 10s. I'm not getting good burn outs, granny shifting, and trying to get used to these bias-ply tires.
Hell, my best time before this was 12.5xx -- i've seen stock cobras do that!
so, give me a little break here :shrug:

Coleman, its looking like rain but if it holds I'm going to Denton and running from 3-5:30 at least on Saturday and I'll hand in during bracket elims as long as I can last.

coleman

Established Member
Never been out to the Denton track ... if it doesn't look like rain and you're there, I'll head out there.
Please call me if you do end up going. Unfortunately, I have no way to get my tires out there, so I most likely won't run, but I do need to go there once as a spectator before returning to race :)

Users who are viewing this thread