Texas Mile Roll Call

Van@RevanRacing

We all pit out all the way down as far as you can go on the right hand side. I'm a sponsoring vendor and get it a little early. That's where we set up every year. It is Mustang and GT500 Alley. Please join us down there. It's a hoot!!!

nix5o

Established Member
Yes sir same place in Beeville Oct 25-27. I don't remember what spectators cost. But they have a couple of tents to sit in for shade. I'd bring an atv, possibly your own shade and definitely a chair.

Derek5774

Established Member
Nix
Alot of people said they were running Texas mile
Most of them that I know backed out

Glad you came through
Get ready for a ride, there is nothing else like it
No speed limits and no getting arrested

nix5o

Established Member
Well Derek I would have been there this spring in my 13' but my work schedule wouldn't allow. I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I either was working or didn't have a car worth taking.

I've got my advanced et NHRA license (7.49 and quicker) and I plan on working my way up to an AA license (eventually). I plan on getting my A this go around. I'll cross the bridge for the AA license as money allows.

I can't wait to stretching my legs in the Shelby. I'm looking for a longer lasting rush than the 4.40 sec 1/8 mile passes I've been making lately.:D

Van@RevanRacing

Nick

Talk to the race director when you get down there. Show them your credentials. He'll probably have you make two or three passes at certain ranges and then possibly one set at a specific speed before they let you run flat out.

FYI. Break 199 MPH without a Roll Bar and you're done for the weekend.

PRP

Established Member
That would be just FINE with me sir!:-D

But they disallow your time too so you have nothing to show for it.

Well, at least at the Mojave Mile they do.

And at the MM it's 170mph (+5mph 'fudge factor') for a 6-pt roll bar. I wish it was 199-200 at Mojave.

Does anyone have a physical address so I can put it in Mapquest to see how far it is from a place I might buy in Texas (Tye TX, right next to Abilene, TX).

TIA,
Phill

PRP

Established Member
They do three days for a reason.
For many first timers they have to build speed and graduate to each level.
You don't get to go out and run WOT until you earn your licensing.

Van,

Do you know if the recognize the license you get at the Mojave Mile or do you have to start from the beginning at TX?

Mojave makes you run one full pass at 150 (or 155, can't remember) then you get a basic license up to.....hmm, 200? (I'd have to check).

Just wondering if TX recognizes the MM license or not.

I eventually want to run the TX mile too....

Phill

nix5o

Established Member
Nick

Talk to the race director when you get down there. Show them your credentials. He'll probably have you make two or three passes at certain ranges and then possibly one set at a specific speed before they let you run flat out.

FYI. Break 199 MPH without a Roll Bar and you're done for the weekend.

I emailed Ryan all of my license stuff today. We'll see what he says.

I don't plan on going balls out on the first pass. I'll be data logging the runs and creep up on the tune making sure everything is safe for a full pass regardless of what license I start out with.

My plan is to complete everything for an A license by the end of the weekend and put the car back in the trailer in one piece. If the car runs 200 and I get booted in the process??? I'll just have more time to drink beer. :beer: We've discussed putting a roll bar in, we'll see, I might just show up with one so I don't have any issues.

Van@RevanRacing

Van,

Do you know if the recognize the license you get at the Mojave Mile or do you have to start from the beginning at TX?

Mojave makes you run one full pass at 150 (or 155, can't remember) then you get a basic license up to.....hmm, 200? (I'd have to check).

Just wondering if TX recognizes the MM license or not.

I eventually want to run the TX mile too....

Phill

Phill

4304 Highway 202
Beeville, TX 78102

They would likely recognize the licensing from Mojave but would likely have the person make a couple passes depending on desired top speed just to get track awareness and demonstrate ability.

I emailed Ryan all of my license stuff today. We'll see what he says.

I don't plan on going balls out on the first pass. I'll be data logging the runs and creep up on the tune making sure everything is safe for a full pass regardless of what license I start out with.

My plan is to complete everything for an A license by the end of the weekend and put the car back in the trailer in one piece. If the car runs 200 and I get booted in the process??? I'll just have more time to drink beer. :beer: We've discussed putting a roll bar in, we'll see, I might just show up with one so I don't have any issues.

I've got my AA license. I get to go balls out every pass now! LOL :beer:

brianz426

Established Member
Guys,
I would love to do this but it's 1600+ miles away from me in Maryland. Are there any similar events on the East Coast? I thought they used to have mile events in Ohio and North Carolina.:??:

Derek5774

Established Member
I was under the impression that they recognize your runs at other races, if you have your ticket to prove and the speed is sufficient enough

why is everyone so against installing the roll bar? just get a really nice one, it will add to the bad a$$ factor of your car, and if you roll over, you get to survive to race another day, cars can be bought, people can't

nix5o

Established Member
I'm not against it. I just don't know if I'll have time to do one like I want.

Some people are worried about ruining the value of the car.

Did you end up buying a kit? I remember you saying it was bolt in?

Users who are viewing this thread