Texas Mile Roll Call

nix5o

Established Member
Registration is open now. I just signed up and paid my bill. Who else is going?

I'm also curious to hear everyone's mod lists and goals for the event.

I'm wanting to see how fast I can go with the stock blower.

I have ARH headers and H-pipe, cj monoblade tbody, jlt cold air,15% od lower, and if time allows I'll have a custom e85 tune. At this moment I have parts piling up at the house and I'm sitting in Saudi waiting on my time to head home:beer:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Registered. :banana:

Goal: Keep the rubber side down and not blow up.

Plan to do KW coilovers before the event because stock suspension/ride height is pretty damn squirrelly at 200mph.

nix5o

Established Member
Thanks for the tip. I plan on k-member, coil overs and control arms. I guess I should have mentioned that, not just my go fast goodies.

Van@RevanRacing

If anybody is wondering what works specifically well at the Texas Mile at speed suspension wise, let me know. Done it a few times!! LOL

Coilovers for the front are great. Just need the right settings and spring rate.

nix5o

Established Member
What spring rate do you recommend?

Btw, just got an email saying registration is closed. Filled up in a record 2 1/2 hours.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
If anybody is wondering what works specifically well at the Texas Mile at speed suspension wise, let me know. Done it a few times!! LOL

Coilovers for the front are great. Just need the right settings and spring rate.

Griggs mentioned something about a piece/s letting the car drop at high speeds for greater stabilization. Is this correct?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
What spring rate do you recommend?

Btw, just got an email saying registration is closed. Filled up in a record 2 1/2 hours.

Wow! Glad I was considering waiting until I got some mods done. I would have been real disappointed in missing it due to being sold out. That's crazy. They should cut out the 3 day per person deal and triple how many people can attend by making it a single day per slot and you just pick which day you want.

Van@RevanRacing

Wow! Glad I was considering waiting until I got some mods done. I would have been real disappointed in missing it due to being sold out. That's crazy. They should cut out the 3 day per person deal and triple how many people can attend by making it a single day per slot and you just pick which day you want.

They do three days for a reason.

For many first timers they have to build speed and graduate to each level.

You don't get to go out and run WOT until you earn your licensing.

So if you do a three day with lines etc you can essentially get qualifying done on Friday. Go fast on Saturday and Sunday then head home a little early on Sunday which is the norm.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
I'm registered. Won't be able to run on Sunday due to a conflict. I get to watch a private screening of Walking Dead with the actual cast, and I am a bit of a fan for that show. Im pretty excited to meet them.

My plan is to run stock on Friday. Then a surprise for everyone after we get a solid baseline to compare.

Solid drinking Wednesday night and sleep off hangover waiting for gates to open on Thursday, then repeat. I am superstitious, so I don't want to change our routine.

Lol

Cant wait to see what Racerat's Boss does. It has had major improvements since it dropped a 200, and she did that in two runs.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
They do three days for a reason.

For many first timers they have to build speed and graduate to each level.

You don't get to go out and run WOT until you earn your licensing.

So if you do a three day with lines etc you can essentially get qualifying done on Friday. Go fast on Saturday and Sunday then head home a little early on Sunday which is the norm.

I get it, but selling out in 2 hrs isn't going to help first timers get out of that category.

Van@RevanRacing

I get it, but selling out in 2 hrs isn't going to help first timers get out of that category.

They limit the participants to 220 so people can get runs.

They've been doing it for 10 years now and they are very efficient.

I'm driving 3 or 4 cars and possibly another or two.

Along with driver coaching and solving issues problems at the event this is going to be a busy one for me.

Myfast70

Established Member
Registration is open now. I just signed up and paid my bill. Who else is going?

I'm also curious to hear everyone's mod lists and goals for the event.

I'm wanting to see how fast I can go with the stock blower.

I have ARH headers and H-pipe, cj monoblade tbody, jlt cold air,15% od lower, and if time allows I'll have a custom e85 tune. At this moment I have parts piling up at the house and I'm sitting in Saudi waiting on my time to head home:beer:

My low mph guess is 198, high mph guess 203. Good luck!! Keep us posted :rockon::rockon:

nix5o

Established Member
Derek how are your mods progressing?

Do you have anything you want to share with the class or will you be keeping things hush until we go out the playground?:D

Derek5774

Established Member
Derek how are your mods progressing?

Do you have anything you want to share with the class or will you be keeping things hush until we go out the playground?:D

Sure
Super snake hood is on
They just installed a kenne bell 3.6,
AR long tube headers,
BMR rear suspension, K-member,
Competition heat exchanger,
Car made 710 HP at 14.6 psi
Low boost on pump gas

It's at 17 psi but have not put it on dyno yet
But it feels like big power on the top end

We have not done the race tune yet

I have a spec P-trim and 5-point harness that will go in soon

Rpm 6 point roll bar hydro dipped is on the way

See you guys at the mile
Be sure to come over and introduce yourself

nix5o

Established Member
Derek sounds like you've been busy. Still planning on e85 for the mile?

Hopefully we can all park in mustang row. I'll be hosting the alcohol fueled drivers meetings every night in my pit. Come buy and drink a beer with us.

Users who are viewing this thread