Texas Mile Question

J.Shoot

Established Member
I'm thinking about taking my car to the next Texas Mile event, I'm curious to what my car might run. I truly don't have any idea. Anyone have any educated guess's? My mods are in my sig. The rear end is stock, but I was thinking about changing it to a 3.31 for this event. Let me know what you think both ways. I would like to get close to the 200 mph mark.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
J.Shoot

J.Shoot

Established Member
Sorry, my mods are a D-1 procharger, ID 100 injectors, return style fuel system, McLeod clutch, BMR Uca and Lca, panhard relocation. Can't think of anything else at the moment.
J.Shoot

IGO 202

Established Member
I've been running the mile (including Texas) and 1.5 mile events for years around the country on bikes but since I love cars too I follow them also.

Most full bodied street cars like the 'Stang, Camaro, Challenger, etc. with your kind of hp usually run in the 185mph range in decent conditions.

Head & crosswinds are your enemy as is lack of traction. Most venues are dusty concrete and tire slippage even on the big end is present with big power.

While the humidity is usually higher in the mornings the winds are usually the calmest and with cooler temperatures you need to be on the grid as early as possible.

200 is a lofty but doable goal. Just start with baby steps and work your way up......things can get ugly real fast with impatience.

Good luck,
Dan

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
kdanner ran his n/a car 18x awhile back at TM, so I would imagine with the power your making, and how you spanked up that GTR at Ennis in August, you should be a low 190s.

J.Shoot

Established Member
kdanner ran his n/a car 18x awhile back at TM, so I would imagine with the power your making, and how you spanked up that GTR at Ennis in August, you should be a low 190s.

Yea, really hoping to be 180+.....

It makes me smile everytime I think about racing that GTR.... when i asked him to race you could tell he wasn't expecting to get beat......

Thanks....

Boss949

Established Member
I'm thinking about taking my car to the next Texas Mile event, I'm curious to what my car might run. I truly don't have any idea. Anyone have any educated guess's? My mods are in my sig. The rear end is stock, but I was thinking about changing it to a 3.31 for this event. Let me know what you think both ways. I would like to get close to the 200 mph mark.
Thanks,
J.Shoot

I ran my first Texas Mile last week. I have no power adds like you. I ran twice; 144.8 to qualify and a 152.7. It was into a strong head wind that probably took 5-7 mph off. Since, it was my first, I'm sure I could do better; 160-165 with better driving.

Here's some tips:
1. You have to sign up as soon as registration is open.
2. You can run with your mods; All first time drivers have to run a qualifying run between no slower than 140 and no faster than 160. This will allow to run unlimited. There are strict rules for over 199. check this out:
http://www.texasmile.net/pdf/TexasMileRRTS_2013-2-Edition.pdf

3.Your Mods should get you 175-180+ That being said; it's not as easy as a lot of people think; There's a lot of factors when it comes the run.

My son-in-law and one of my best friends both have CTS-V's that are in the 825+RWHP; They ran 190 and 187. But they both had difficult times getting to those numbers.

Weather, wind, track will all contribute.

I saw a lot of Shelby's run 170+++

However, a High Rev Boss with a blower, could be quite exciting. I think the 3.31 will help.

ps didn't see all the GTR's run; but I did see one go 175!! disappointing I'm sure. Awesome to hear about you taking that GTR.

Boss949

Established Member
Thanks,
J.Shoot
Have another ? My daughter has a modded GTR and I know how fast they are. When you beat that GTR, did he have you at the 1/8th? How did it go?
Thanks

J.Shoot

Established Member
Boss

Have another ? My daughter has a modded GTR and I know how fast they are. When you beat that GTR, did he have you at the 1/8th? How did it go?
Thanks

No, he was behind me nearly from the start, I'll see if I can find my time slip, he cut a little better light but it didn't last long. The guy told me he had some mods on the car but wasn't specific.
J.Shoot

Users who are viewing this thread