Texan peeps

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
Hey guys so im thinking about moving to texas for various reasons. I was wondering what u guys think of Texas, the good and the bad. I was thinking of moving around the austin area because its a big city wit hthings to do, music etc. Also if anyone lives around austin, what is a good neighborhood to consider. Primarily looking for a safe crime free area. Thanks to all
Snakie

Deftones

Established Member
Austin is an amazing city city. So much to do you wont know what to do. You will love it if you choose it. Texas is the greatest state there is man!

Silver04GT

Established Member
:beer:
llanespw said:
Austin is an amazing city city. So much to do you wont know what to do. You will love it if you choose it. Texas is the greatest state there is man!
Yes you will ove Texas.
Dont take this the wrong way but Texas is the greatest Country! haha:beer:

RedfireSVT

Established Member
austin and the surrounding area is probably the nicest place i've ever lived. i lived there for 6 years while in college. someday i'll move back. absolutely awesome, you won't be disappointed.

MTI LS1

I lived in Austin for 18 years and now coming on 3 in Dallas.

Depending on your price range for living and house/apartment there are many great areas in Austin. I lived in Westlake my entire time there and it is by far the nicest area of Austin when considering school, safety, accessibility and commodities. 10 mins from Lake Austin and 10 mins from downtown stretching it.

If you want to live a little farther out, Lakeway is a growing neighborhood as well as Lake Travis, both of which are safe and nice places. More to the interior you have Terry Town which is also nice.

North Austin is becoming alot nicer than it used to be with areas around 620, 183, and the Arboretum really getting developed as far as nice places to live. Austin is only getting bigger and better.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
The west hills in austin are very nice.

Plano is also a nice place as well as booming Frisco and Northern Fort Worth....

The price of living in Northern FW is unbelievable...198K for a custom 3000 sq ft home (my sister has been looking)....any custom home anywhere else in the Dallas area is gonna be 250k + no matter the size.

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
I live in Houston but if I had the chance I would move to Austin in a heart beat. Cruising the hill country is awesome and the live music seen kicks ass. It is also only about 45 minutes to an hour from San Antonio and one can not forget how close New Braunfels and tubing the river is.:coolman:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
I go to school in Austin and live/have lived in Dallas my whole life.

I have to say Austin is alright.. but the roads/traffic/people/everything in Dallas can't be beat. :thumbsup:

SPM

Established Member
You will love Austin Tx! I am from Houston but have lived in Austin for about 5 years. I only moved back to Houston because of family. Austin is a big city with tons of things to do. Its a pretty safe city overall. Hey the major court houses are there;-) so no messing around. Good luck with your move.:beer:

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
rite on, i appreciate all of your responces. I am just amazed how much farther a dollar goes outside of california. Hows the weather around the austin area. Any natural yearly occurances that go on around there?
Also, if you took any pictures from road trips or where ever you may live, post some up. Id love to see them....

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
SNAKIE said:
Also, if you took any pictures from road trips or where ever you may live, post some up. Id love to see them....

Just a part of the SCMC Austin Cruise... The 6TH Street FLING pics are classified... "What happens in Austin... stays in Austin" ;-)

P3250025.jpg

P3250027.jpg

P3250028.jpg

P3250029.jpg

P3250030.jpg

P3250031.jpg

j81234

Established Member
Austin is a great city. You are going to love how little the cost of living is compared to California. I moved out to Texas from San Diego three years ago and almost fell over dead when I saw houses for 100,000 brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread