Tetge's Garage

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Late last night Pmoddy installed the Accufab TB on my car.

Hats off :beer: knew exactly what he was doing, did it quickly, and the car certainly does feel better. I think that good feeling will show up at the track. We will see.

Thanks David and thanks Tetge for the garage and tools.

James

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
hmm... i'm sure if the car throws a high idle code he'll know for sure. stock my car idled 750 on the nose, semi-stock it's around 650-700.

time to go unpack the car. :nonono:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Adam will fiddle around with the Predator a bit.
Some days it idles at 750 on the nose for a while, but sooner or later it creeps up...
I may try to get the A/F checked this week just to know what is going on with the car. Last night on a 12.02 run at LACR it went 117+, and on the 12.003 it ran 115. The prior trip to LACR with the 11.94 and 11.96 it ran 112 both times. The only changes since prior run were the Bogart rears. Same tank of gas even... Hell, no mods since last visit, no wonder I was depressed.
James

stang99

You ran me down like a wolf pouncing on a poor little helpless rabbit even though I left on you with a red light and ran for my life. You were soooo close to an 11 on that pass that I still think that it pays to have a race going if you are looking for good times. LACR was definitely off last night. DA was over 2500' which is not bad for LACR, but still not good compared to most places. But your consistent ET's and your widely vary trap speed sure are puzzling. I keep wondering how that can occur?
BTW: My poor little underpowered car was breaking loose even in third on the street with my Nittos last night. I would not want to be caught in a rain storm with worn Nittos as they seem to have no grip at all. I put the F1's back on this morning. With the throttle response that your car had in my garage after the TB was installed, you would have a handful to deal with on a slippery wet day, not that retired people would have to be out in such weather.
Good Gritas last night.

Originally posted by jhwalker
Adam will fiddle around with the Predator a bit.
Some days it idles at 750 on the nose for a while, but sooner or later it creeps up...
I may try to get the A/F checked this week just to know what is going on with the car. Last night on a 12.02 run at LACR it went 117+, and on the 12.003 it ran 115. The prior trip to LACR with the 11.94 and 11.96 it ran 112 both times. The only changes since prior run were the Bogart rears. Same tank of gas even... Hell, no mods since last visit, no wonder I was depressed.
James

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread