Testing Waters on my Turbo 97 (800+RWHP)

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
My Turbo 97 Cobra (800+RWHP)

Looking to see what the offers would be on my turboed 97. This car is the real deal. Previous owners dynoed the car at 864rwhp on 20.5psi and a measley 6,200rpm The turbo is capable of 32psi and the motor can spin above 7k. This car IS VERY fast.

EMAIL ME SERIOUS OFFERS.

I've decided to actually sell it. I need out of debt more than I need a fast car.

I'll be adding pics later tonight.

Car is black on black. Only interior mod is an Alpine Head Unit and MGW shift knob. Exterior is stock minus the black CCW's.

THIS CAR IS NOW 100% streetable. All issues have been fixed.

Build sheet is as follows.

Engine/Shortblock Built 284cid 4.65 litre Dual Over Head Cam (quad cam), 32 valve modular V8. -Italian manufactured Teksid Cobra Block.
-Balanced and blueprinted forged SVT crankshaft.
-Manley connecting rods, shot peened
-Diamond Racing forged 11.5cc dish piston.
-ARP 2000 Rod bolts
-Sean Hyland Motorsports billet aluminum oil pump gears

Engine/Heads
-Fox Lake Stage II 4.6 DOHC ported&polished "B" heads.
-Full FR500 valvetrain, good for 8000rpm.
-Cometic head gaskets
-ARP 2000 head studs
-Ported Cobra intake manifold w/IMRC butterfly deletes

Forced Induction
-Precision Turbo&Engine T76GTS-H turbocharger
-Custom front-mount intercooler. Measures 27x10x3.5
-Dual 4 into 1 Tubular Mild Steel Headers w/ 1 5/8" primaries
-1/2" Laser Cut Header Flanges
- 2 ý" Cross Over w/ HD Reinforced Flex Connection,
-3 ý" Down Pipe that splits into Dual 2 1/2" - Long Tube H-Pipe, Powder Coated Inlet Tubes
- All V Band Connections on exhaust parts
- Thermal Turbo Blanket & Thermal Tube Blankets
- High Quality Silicone charge air hoses w/ Aircraft Grade SS clamps
-Tial 38mm Billet Wastegate
-Tial 50mm blow-off valve Polished Silver 2000* degree Ceramic Coating for the hot parts.
-NO FACTORY COMPONENTS HAVE TO BE MOVED OR RELOCTED. The Battery, AC, Power Steering, ABS, etc.. stay put in the factory locations and work great.

Ignition
-Motorcraft blue 8.5mm plug wires
-Motorcraft FM12 spark plugs (two ranges colder than stock).
-(2)New Motorcraft Coil packs
-Kenne Bell Boost-A-Spark coil voltage regulator / with manual dial mounted in glovebox out of sight Engine Management
-F.A.S.T. stand-alone EMS
-Wide Band 02 sensor option
-Speed Density metering -F.A.S.T. EDIS module

Transmission&Clutch
-T56 6-speed 26 spline Input Shaft (Less thank 10k miles 03 Cobra tranny)
-RPS Stage 3 clutch (Just finished break in)
-Billet steel 8-bolt flywheel
-Adjustable clutch quadrant (Steeda)

Driveline/Rear-end
-Dynotech aluminum driveshaft, balanced to 8000rpm.
-upgraded U-joints
-Ford 8.8 solid rear axle
-Auburn Pro Limited Slip Differential
-FMS 3.55 gears
-SVT aluminum rear-end housing girdle
-Moser 31 spline forged axels

Fuel System
-Weldon Racing 2025 continuous duty fuel pump. (will not overheat, for street duty), flows up to 150+gallons per hour at only 14v @ 70psi. The 2025 is good for 1500+horsepower.
-Siemens-Deka 83 pound per hour low-impedance fuel injectors
-Custom -10 aluminum fuel rails -10 AN feed line-6 AN return line -Jegs fuel sump kit -Precision Turbo& Engine -10 micron filter before pump -Aeromotive 40 micron fuel filter after pump.
-Aeroquip,Russell and Aeromotive -AN and NPT fittings

Suspension
-D&D Tubular K-member kit
-D&D turbular A-arms
-D&D coil-over front suspension
-D&D camber plates
-Steeda 1.5" lowering springs in the back

Wheels&Tires -CCW's 16x7 16x10 255 MT drag radials. Custom Made to clear brakes.

Email me for pics. PLEASE NO TIRE KICKERS. I'm wanting to get myself outta debit.

Last edited:

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I forgot to mention. This car will have NO PROBLEM hitting that 1k mark. If I don't sell it soon I will have it tuned on C16 myself.

PIXER

Banned
Been for a ride only on 10psi and wow, now I've already called him and tried to convince him not to sell, but I guess it's not going to work.

Its a great car

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
WOW AND ITS UP AGAIN.. WHY DO PEOPLE SEEM TO NOT WANT THIS CAR? SO WHAT IS UR CONTACT NUMBER PLEASE EMAIL ME [email protected]

U MAY WANT TO ADD THOSE NUMBERS WERE ON A MUSTANG DYNO TOO.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
COBRA MAN OF UT said:
WOW AND ITS UP AGAIN.. WHY DO PEOPLE SEEM TO NOT WANT THIS CAR? SO WHAT IS UR CONTACT NUMBER PLEASE EMAIL ME [email protected]

U MAY WANT TO ADD THOSE NUMBERS WERE ON A MUSTANG DYNO TOO.
The car had a few issues I ended up ironing out. The car is all ready to go I actually drive it everyday as my daily driver. Contact me through email as I'm going on vacation and my phone won't work up in the mountains but I should be able to get internet from my dads pc. [email protected]

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Its running pump gas right now. Good for about 600rwhp. It gets about 8mpg with me driving. I have a rather heavy foot. When I lay off boost it does much better around 12.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Red99SVT said:
Want a 03 Cobra for trade? Nice car though. I looked at it when the previous owner had it.
I don't mean to bad mouth but the car was in poor shape when I came into possesion, looked fixed up for a quick sale. I've gone through the entire car front to back. The next person will be very pleased. I'd consider trades but I'd need cash for pay off on my loan.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I want to clear something up, I've gotten lots of emails about the tranny. I RECEIVED THE CAR WITH A BLOWN TRANNY. I repaired what was broken when I recieved it. The car was NOT pushed hard by me. It would be almost impossible considering the first 2k miles I owned it I had only 4 of my 6 gears. I've put maybe 400-500 miles since I put the clutch... All break in miles. Again its hard to beat on a car while your breaking it in.

BoostedToy

Established Member
The car is unbelievable. Whoever buys this car has saved themselves at least 50% on the cost it'd take them to build it themselves.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
If I get any real intrest, I'll put the car up on the dyno and get her final tuned and shoot for the 1k mark. Willing to take any videos, pics needed.

wvyankee1

Established Member
This is John Armstead. I am the guy that boostedtoy was telling you about. I knew the car when he had it. I never got to see it in person but i knew about it. He sent me some pictures of it when he had it but he said it has different rims on it now. Regardless, I want to see a video of the car that is showing pulls on the interstate. I don't care about seeing a 1000hp dyno. That would be great, but I really don't care about it. I want to see a video of the car doing pulls on the interstate at 18-20psi. I'm not buying the car on the potential it has at 8-10psi. I want to see results of what it can do on the street/highway at 20psi. I will shoot you a PM with an initial offer once you get a video up . I looked at the video a few times on that other post, but it doesn't show me what I am looking for. You don't need to go throw it on the dyno to impress me. I already know it makes some numbers. I want to see what it can do on the pavement. I wish I lived closer so I could come drive it, but that isn't feasible because I live 18 hours away from you. thanks, John.

Users who are viewing this thread