Testing Fuel Injectors how too?

Tobra350

Established Member
I have a missfire and suspect its a bad fuel injector. Is the best way to test a fuel injector by checking the ohms read from a volt meter? Any other ways?

Thanks

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Ya, other than testing the ohms and making sure they all read the same, I'm not sure. I guess you could make sure they all are clicking while the engine is running though...

Tobra350

Established Member
Also a good idea. Do you know where to buy new ones? And what the specs are for our stock ones?

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I think our stockers are 24 lb. and I wish I knew where to tell you to go for fresh ones.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Also, check your fuel pressure after you turn the key off. The fuel pressure should stay at 39 PSI for quite a number of minutes. If the fuel pressure bleeds down right away, you may have a leaky injector.

Tobra350

Established Member
Also, check your fuel pressure after you turn the key off. The fuel pressure should stay at 39 PSI for quite a number of minutes. If the fuel pressure bleeds down right away, you may have a leaky injector.

Another great idea! Anyone know the tool to check this pressure? Does Autozone sell them?

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
AutoZone will probably rent a fuel pressure tester to you for free, or minimal expense at least.

Tobra350

Established Member
I'll give this a shot this weekend. Basically the symptons are the car surges like its not getting fuel which leads me to believe its a bad fuel injector. I'll check the spark plugs and look at the color... check the fule pressure... and check the ohms on the fuel injectors... hopefully this will fix it!

Anyone know what the specs are for the ohms on the stock 24lb injectors?

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I'll give this a shot this weekend. Basically the symptons are the car surges like its not getting fuel which leads me to believe its a bad fuel injector. I'll check the spark plugs and look at the color... check the fule pressure... and check the ohms on the fuel injectors... hopefully this will fix it!

Anyone know what the specs are for the ohms on the stock 24lb injectors?

I can't remember what mine ohmed out at before, but as long as they are all about the same (8-16 ohm range) then you should be fine.

You asked where you could get some
I got a set of injectors refurbished from Welcome to FuelInjectorConnection.com and they work great and were updated versions. Have a good guarantee also

How much did they charge if you don't mind me asking?

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I can't remember what mine ohmed out at before, but as long as they are all about the same (8-16 ohm range) then you should be fine.

How much did they charge if you don't mind me asking?

I can't remember 100% but I'm pretty sure it was around $140 shipped. They were the same color injector but a little thinner. I called to make sure and they were correct but the "newer" style. But I'm pleased with them, I replaced them cause mine had cracks in the bottom plastic pieces under the o rings. Also the I rings were bad

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I can't remember 100% but I'm pretty sure it was around $140 shipped. They were the same color injector but a little thinner. I called to make sure and they were correct but the "newer" style. But I'm pleased with them, I replaced them cause mine had cracks in the bottom plastic pieces under the o rings. Also the I rings were bad

Nice, not a bad price at all. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread