Test Drove Some More Duties

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
The 4r100 tranny when rebuilt/upgraded is stronger and cheaper than the new 5r100 trannies. The only good thing about the 5R100's is they can take a beating right out of the gate, they are good for around 450-475 rwhp which is pretty darn good considering the amount of torque you would be making with that (800+).

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
My 6.4 didn't start really feeling good till it got some miles on it, so it's hard to judge power on a new truck. Even with the crappy mileage the 6.4 gets it's still better then the v10. Tuning the v10 is good for 2-3 more mpg and around 30 hp but that's with 93 octane. Just removing the filter off the 6.4 and turning off the regen is good for 7 mpg. Then with a good tune 20 mpg is not out of the question. I drove both stick and auto and really like the new autos much better. To me towing with the truck a stick is no fun at all. I guess it's all in what you want.

Rick

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My 6.4 didn't start really feeling good till it got some miles on it, so it's hard to judge power on a new truck. Even with the crappy mileage the 6.4 gets it's still better then the v10. Tuning the v10 is good for 2-3 more mpg and around 30 hp but that's with 93 octane. Just removing the filter off the 6.4 and turning off the regen is good for 7 mpg. Then with a good tune 20 mpg is not out of the question. I drove both stick and auto and really like the new autos much better. To me towing with the truck a stick is no fun at all. I guess it's all in what you want.

Rick

I'm sure you know what I want.:pepper:

nimesis

Are u on crack!? You think the V-10 Feels stronger than the PSD!? :nonono:put 10,000 pounds on both, then see, do any tow testing in yer test drives?? Apparently not, or you would be throwing rocks at the V-10. OTR Trucks are deisel for a reason. U can watch the gas guage move towing with that V-10, and also watch helplessly while others with PSD's run circles around you.:bash:

TRUST ME, YOU WANT THE PSD!!:rockon:

U want a hot-rod, get a lightning!! U want to tow anything you want ad still beat a lightning, get a PSD!!!:burnout:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Are u on crack!? You think the V-10 Feels stronger than the PSD!? :nonono:put 10,000 pounds on both, then see, do any tow testing in yer test drives?? Apparently not, or you would be throwing rocks at the V-10. OTR Trucks are deisel for a reason. U can watch the gas guage move towing with that V-10, and also watch helplessly while others with PSD's run circles around you.:bash:

TRUST ME, YOU WANT THE PSD!!:rockon:

U want a hot-rod, get a lightning!! U want to tow anything you want ad still beat a lightning, get a PSD!!!:burnout:

My findings were exactly as reported.

S.O.B.

Sweet Old Bob!
Established Member
Sid already has a slow old Lightning. He's just a gasser kind of guy. That's why they build both versions. I'm a PSD guy:beer:

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
And the 6.4 SCT tuning with some emission delete stuff is just now being digested! They're talking +500RWHP on custom tuning alone!

Give it a little while longer, these 6.4s will be a beast.

20LethalVenom03

Beaver Hunter
Established Member
6.4 is a beast
100hp injectors, programmer, strait pipe, regen-off in tuner, 611rwhp and 1218ft lbs at the wheels, SICK trucks, thats with stock tranny and airbox

Users who are viewing this thread