Test drive/ burnout in a Challenger

moparornocar2

Established Member
Faster150 said:
nice man. why didnt ya go with a 440 wedge?

I know the 440 would be bada$$, But one day this will be worth a bunch as it is a numbers matching car with wierd options, Black on Black on Black with satin Black strobe stripes, 340 four,slap stick (727), 391 sure grip, anti sway bars, front disc ( funny how disc brakes were an option back then), Ralley dash (150 speedo). And air conditioning that works! The engine does have headers , a cam, and a Holley carb, but other than that totally stock (I have everything to go back to stock). The interior is 100 perecnt restored and now I have the body work and paint left. I know it won't beat my sons Cobra, But when I get a few issues worked out we will see how his 00GT stacks up. About 20 years ago I had clocked a 13.4 at 101 with it.
Thanks for the compliments.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
moparornocar2 said:
I know the 440 would be bada$$, But one day this will be worth a bunch as it is a numbers matching car with wierd options, Black on Black on Black with satin Black strobe stripes, 340 four,slap stick (727), 391 sure grip, anti sway bars, front disc ( funny how disc brakes were an option back then), Ralley dash (150 speedo). And air conditioning that works! The engine does have headers , a cam, and a Holley carb, but other than that totally stock (I have everything to go back to stock). The interior is 100 perecnt restored and now I have the body work and paint left. I know it won't beat my sons Cobra, But when I get a few issues worked out we will see how his 00GT stacks up. About 20 years ago I had clocked a 13.4 at 101 with it.

Sweet.

Old Mopar gear head myself.

Now you got me going "Time to get another toy"!

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member

65 stang kid

SVT Addict
Established Member
my friends uncle has one, it is a 73 also but it has a 440 6-pack! it sounds wicked but he hasnt took it out in a while, but he is supposed to call me and my buddy to take us out for a ride! he says that it hauls ASS!!!! :rockon:

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
OK , Raced the Challenger last night, First run Challenger jumped about one car and slowly pulled two. The second run Challenger jump a half a car and was spinning (I had DRs)I pulled up even and we stayed that way. Third run was about the same as the first except we went well over a quarter and I then caught the Challenger and went by, Thanks to my five speed and his lower geared three speed auto.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
moparornocar2 said:
After the car sitting for years, and my son raising hell in his Cobra, I could not take it any longer and had to at least take this project for a ride. Hopefully It will motivate me to get it done.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1b4302b6-1423-497f-8b2a-995c0016310f.htm

COOOOOOOOOOOOL! That little 340 sounds great.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I had head gasket problems with my 69 Dart GT. :cuss: 340 / 4 speed.

But that sucker was quick.

moparornocar2

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments,Next time I will have Mattmoto put on his street tires or I will go with a drag tire of some sort too. I also think I will go with a taller tire like 29" as these are only about 23-24". All in all it was fun to see how the two compared, old VS new. Not gonna line up next to his Cobra though!

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
Love the 340 engine. Great motor that can make big numbers when done right. A friend a few years ago(15) used to have a 71 duster with a 340 that car was wicked back in the day.

VPF

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
moparornocar2 said:

Sounds like a bad ass car. Years ago I saw a '70 Challenger T/A with a similar paint scheme. It was a 340 6-pack, pistol grip 4 speed car.. black on black, with the T/A stripes in black too. The stripes really only showed at night.. they reflected kind of a gold color. Wicked car.

Users who are viewing this thread