TESLA Motors releases patents, wants to start an open source movement

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Your cavalier has everything to do with the fact that you drive that to be economical, these tesla owners buy their cars to be economical. They have the money to be "economical" in their sense.

Who cares if it takes 9 years to make up what was spent on the audi. These guys with teslas don't only own one car.
You sound like one of those guys that talks about modding a cheap car to all hell and then be proud you;re faster than a stock $100k car.

Also go back and read where I mentioned anywhere that I would buy this.

We get it, this car isnt for you and you laugh at the drivers because you have out smarted them in your cavalier. :uh oh:

your argument is invalid. the Tesla isn't economical until 9 years and 136k miles so what's the point??? they can't buy it to be economical they are electric tree huggers that are rich that's it! until somebody disproves that it isn't economical. I will never own an electric car there is no value. and oh btw go look up their warranty info. $600 for routine maintenance every 12k miles lol I've spend $50 on my cavalier in maintenance in almost a year so terrible huh?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
your argument is invalid. the Tesla isn't economical until 9 years and 136k miles so what's the point??? they can't buy it to be economical they are electric tree huggers that are rich that's it! until somebody disproves that it isn't economical. I will never own an electric car there is no value. and oh btw go look up their warranty info. $600 for routine maintenance every 12k miles lol I've spend $50 on my cavalier in maintenance in almost a year so terrible huh?
You live in ohio where the gas is cheap as hell, here in cali the argument you have is invalid. I don't own a Tesla but I can bet these owners have a charging station at work (provided by the company, because its California), wow never have to fill up gas... EVER, there goes having to pay $240+ a month in gas (premium). These cars also have a cali clean air vehicle sticker where you can jump on the car pool lane. You cant do that with any high end luxury sedan.

Lol, all I could surmise with the rest of your blabbering is: waaah!!! I cant afford this and these tree huggers drive around in a car worth more than both of mine!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
yeah they cant sell cars so why not try to sell just batteries? seems about right to me they are trying something
Where is your source for this? I just looked up monthly sales '13/'14 and they are trading blows with cars half the price. Damn rich tree huggers!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
You live in ohio where the gas is cheap as hell, here in cali the argument you have is invalid. I don't own a Tesla but I can bet these owners have a charging station at work (provided by the company, because its California), wow never have to fill up gas... EVER, there goes having to pay $240+ a month in gas (premium). These cars also have a cali clean air vehicle sticker where you can jump on the car pool lane. You cant do that with any high end luxury sedan.

Lol, all I could surmise with the rest of your blabbering is: waaah!!! I cant afford this and these tree huggers drive around in a car worth more than both of mine!
that's fine they are worth more then mine if I had $70k I wouldn't think about a Tesla. somebody mad that I wouldn't own one aww poor baby

go troll along somewhere else. continue to put down people's cars etc etc you are a low life

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
that's fine they are worth more then mine if I had $70k I wouldn't think about a Tesla. somebody mad that I wouldn't own one aww poor baby

go troll along somewhere else. continue to put down people's cars etc etc you are a low life
Look at your posts and mine, sounds like you are trying to Troll Tesla with: Tesla not selling well (not true), and saying this car isnt economical (also not true).

How can it be NOT economical? Its saving you having to fill up! I can understand people have different views/experiences and things they do with the car, but owning an s4 I would be punching that gas every time there is an open stretch. That means more $$$ on gas. A tesla you could punch and yes have to charge more often but you can charge at home or at work. Price of electricity isnt even much, but charging at work, theres even charging stations are grocery stores, cmon!

Almost 3k a year on gas, in 5 years thats 15,000 just to be able to drive anywhere.

I dont really give a shit if you owned one or not, just pointng out your hate for something new/different is stupid.

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
People aren't spending $70k on a car to save gas. It's a cool novelty car.
agreed

Look at your posts and mine, sounds like you are trying to Troll Tesla with: Tesla not selling well (not true), and saying this car isnt economical (also not true).

How can it be NOT economical? Its saving you having to fill up! I can understand people have different views/experiences and things they do with the car, but owning an s4 I would be punching that gas every time there is an open stretch. That means more $$$ on gas. A tesla you could punch and yes have to charge more often but you can charge at home or at work. Price of electricity isnt even much, but charging at work, theres even charging stations are grocery stores, cmon!

Almost 3k a year on gas, in 5 years thats 15,000 just to be able to drive anywhere.

I dont really give a shit if you owned one or not, just point out your hate for something new is stupid.

economical? so to save $15k in 3 years maybe where you are and still is more expensive then $50k car in the long run. apparently you missed the photo another member posted where I figured how long it takes to make money back.

charging stations aren't free either remember you have to pay to use them

and they are selling cars but their company still reports a loss every quarter. great business lol not

and it's $70k for a base up to well over $100k for a loaded one! yeah economical huh? I'll take a $50k car and $20-50k in gas and i could punch it every chance i got and not run out of money

openaccount

Established Member

I dont really give a shit if you owned one or not, just pointng out your hate for something new/different is stupid.

The car isn't economical. Try selling a 5+yr ROI to any company.

That being said, it's not supposed to be. New tech is generally more expensive. And those charging stations are not "free". Just because you don't physically recieve the bill does not mean that it's free. It needs to be "free" to help it's image to become more mainstream. Just like this "open source" idea. That idea is to make electric more than a CA and Major city center thing. Nashville has a huge electric infrastructure (because of Nissan HQ), yet 40 miles out of the city there is NOTHING. Once Electric cars become the majority (which I believe they will, somewhat to my dismay) these incentives will very likely go away. If they don't, the money will be taken from somewhere else because NOTHING IS FREE.

That being said I used to be an electric hater but have come to see a good market for them. I wouldn't mind owning a cheap one for quick runs, especially in the winter so you dont have to warm up an engine. Something that can be treated like a golf cart basically. I can appreciate the advances in electric propulsion including in the supercar front although, like auto transmissions, I do not prefer them.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
agreed
economical? so to save $15k in 3 years maybe where you are and still is more expensive then $50k car in the long run. apparently you missed the photo another member posted where I figured how long it takes to make money back.

charging stations aren't free either remember you have to pay to use them

and they are selling cars but their company still reports a loss every quarter. great business lol not

and it's $70k for a base up to well over $100k for a loaded one! yeah economical huh? I'll take a $50k car and $20-50k in gas and i could punch it every chance i got and not run out of money
Lol, it all makes sense now.
I looked up incentives on owning a Tesla, and surprisingly there is none in Ohio. No wonder, slow adopters to change. :nonono:

That 70k Base model can be brought down to $62500 (7.5k tax credit), another 2.5k for buying an electric vehicle in california.
Where I live, PG&E can lower your charging rates on electric bill (if you cant charge at work).
Also for commuters you can get a HOV sticker for the car pool lane.

60k tesla suddenly doesnt look so expensive, considering gas prices will go up no matter what.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
lol @ needing to bring lesser vehicles into the argument to sway your results.

That $70k Tesla isnt competing with some faggle audi rebadged jetta. Its going up against Porsche Panameras (also heavily prevalent here), Jags, AM's, etc. Not cookie cutter hipster mobiles like Audi, BMW, etc.

Also, it doesnt take long for a $50k car to catch up to a $70k one if you are doing a decent amount of commuting. Like I said, my fusion, I pay $250/mo easy in gas for a decently economical car that gets 30mpg. Thats $3k/yr, over the term of a standard 6yr loan, say if I bought that car brand new for $20k, thats $38,000. Twice the cost of the vehicle! So your $50k car with lesser mpg will add even more over a similar term. $50k Audi, 25mpg (if lucky), $350/mo, 6 years, thats $75k.

Nobody is buying a Tesla for a weekend car that sees 100mi a month if lucky.

steeltoe

Established Member

Satyr

Established Member
lol @ needing to bring lesser vehicles into the argument to sway your results.

That $70k Tesla isnt competing with some faggle audi rebadged jetta. Its going up against Porsche Panameras (also heavily prevalent here), Jags, AM's, etc. Not cookie cutter hipster mobiles like Audi, BMW, etc.

Also, it doesnt take long for a $50k car to catch up to a $70k one if you are doing a decent amount of commuting. Like I said, my fusion, I pay $250/mo easy in gas for a decently economical car that gets 30mpg. Thats $3k/yr, over the term of a standard 6yr loan, say if I bought that car brand new for $20k, thats $38,000. Twice the cost of the vehicle! So your $50k car with lesser mpg will add even more over a similar term. $50k Audi, 25mpg (if lucky), $350/mo, 6 years, thats $75k.

Nobody is buying a Tesla for a weekend car that sees 100mi a month if lucky.

Agreed. Plus, if you take something like the Panamera, which gets a combined 23 mpg, and factor in the fact that it requires premium fuel, the numbers can go up even higher. 15k miles of premium at 4.50/gal averaging 23 mpg (which is probably not happening) is right around 3k, too...and that's with a normal amount of annual driving.

Take those number more realistically: 15k at 20 mpg at 5/gal (premium is 4.99 right now in Chicago), and you're looking at almost 4k/yr. Yep, Teslas suck.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
If they can have a $40k car with better range and looks good I can see that thing selling like hot cakes.

And that's exactly what they are trying to do. They are releasing a small SUV soon and then a small sedan ( 3 series / c - class / ATS fighter ) with in a year or so.

One of my good friends work for a local Tesla dealer, so I get all the good gossip on this company. Realistically they are still in their infancy.

Users who are viewing this thread