Tesla Model S

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
SO my father is looking for a New Premium Sedan. He commutes about 45 miles EACH way to work and currently drives a Volvo S60.

He saw the add for the Tesla Model S and is considering it. Has anyone got any experience with this car?

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Tell him to buy a new Volvo from me and I'll give him a great deal. I'm in NE NJ about 30 minutes from the GWB.

oldmodman

Established Member
Don't own one but I drove one that customer had bought.

Fast, good handling, and beautiful. But at 110K it's pricy. I think it lists at around 95K with the largest battery pack, but like a Porsche, you can option the hell out of it.

The one I drove was loaded. I think it had every option. And the owner said that it had been drive for 190 miles on one charge. So it would sure work for your father's needs.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Don't they catch on fire a lot?
How often would you be driving it?
Maybe I'm thinking of Fiskar

ibismojo

Established Member
Fisker Karma likes to catch on fire. Tesla's are sweet. No fluids to change either, except for brake and windshield wiper fluid.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I dont own one but ive done hours of research including savings ect. I know a guy in my area that has one and they are very nice and blend in unless you know what a Tesla is.

Highest safety crash test rating and all the jazz from the center console and goes something like 180mile per charge with 4hrs charging it on the new systems. Only negative is the price really.

As far as savings, I did the cost of ownership and for 100miles a day estimated on my local service provider for ohms per $ it comes out to be about a $20 saving over gas per fill up. So the whole electric movement is still not a full proof gain but its surely a positive. I also have one of the nations highest cost electricity provider so thats a factor as well.

Tesla provided a calculator and formula on their site if your interested in looking it up.

Last edited:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
I dont own one but ive done hours of research including savings ect. I know a guy in my area that has one and they are very nice and blend in unless you know what a Tesla is.

Highest safety crash test rating and all the jazz from the center console and goes something like 180mile per charge with 4hrs charging it on the new systems. Only negative is the price really.

As far as savings, I did the cost of ownership and for 100miles a day estimated on my local service provider for ohms per $ it comes out to be about a $20 saving over gas per fill up. So the whole electric movement is still not a full proof gain but its surely a positive. I also have one of the nations highest cost electricity provider so thats a factor as well.

Tesla provided a calculator and formula on their site if your interested in looking it up.

The whole key is to not charge it at your house... Charge it at work, your neighbors house, your friends, the gas station :D

testorossa1989

Established Member
The whole key is to not charge it at your house... Charge it at work, your neighbors house, your friends, the gas station :D

Wait till christmas lights start going up. At night time unhook the house lights of your neigborhood rival and charge up! haha :banana:

BlackOutUT

Established Member
I road in one and it was pretty sweet. But damn they re expensive. If I knew I would save money in the long run I'd go for one.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Tell him to grab a ticket and get in line cause he's going to be waiting.

I would get a Panamera.

1hot281

Established Member
Don't they catch on fire a lot?
Maybe I'm thinking of Fiskar

Fisker Karma likes to catch on fire.

Beiber has one doesn't he?

beiber has a Karma

Yep. Lot of people confuse the Tesla and the Fisker Kharma.

This is the Fisker Karma

Fisker-Karma_2010_1024x768_wallpape.jpg

This is the Tesla Model S

Tesla_Model_S-01.jpg

KurtDog

Established Member
You can get a loaded CTSV for the price of a base Tesla.

They are nice but for the price I would want more. Not to mention the technology is still pretty new and there is not a lot of data on how well they will hold up over time.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
I work for a bank that finances quite a few of them. I hear nothing but positive things from their owners.

xenodragon

Established Member
You can get a loaded CTSV for the price of a base Tesla.

They are nice but for the price I would want more. Not to mention the technology is still pretty new and there is not a lot of data on how well they will hold up over time.

Except the MPG is garbage on a V and to be honest...the V feels VERY cheaply made

Users who are viewing this thread