termi's with 2.93 and 4# lower

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
hey guys i got an 03 termi with a 2.93 and im going to be installing a 4# lower on it, with a good tune, what hp and tq are u guys gettin with a stock eaton? anyone who have had or currently run this combo please chime in.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I had a dyno about a few weeks ago and I put down 486rwhp and 536rwtq... Sam tweaked the tune a little, and soon I'll be getting new numbers :D

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
thx alot guys, i hope to see some of those numbers soon, that would be awesome to be over 500 tq.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
rrpederson said:
hey guys i got an 03 termi with a 2.93 and im going to be installing a 4# lower on it, with a good tune, what hp and tq are u guys gettin with a stock eaton? anyone who have had or currently run this combo please chime in.

funny because i'm ordering my 4lb tomorrow. damn,i cant wait to see over 500rwtq :)

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I really think you should wait and get that blower ported .. it is going to be spinning pretty fast for the stock blower ....

Not ported I predict: 485 / 508
Ported I would predict: 510 / 520

Crowley

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
crowley brings up a good point, crowley/anyone, what is the reason for waiting to get the blower ported to install the 4# lower? will it damage the motor, or is it just good practice, this is my first termi so i dont know a whole lot about them, and i dont want to mee anything up, anyone wth info feel free to add to the conversation.

CobraBob, any info on this question? u seem to have a huge amount of info on our cars.

Last edited:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
hey superman1721 u got those numbers with the eaton combo im gonna get and cams? thats insane, did u do anything else to achieve that power?

Cold Brew

Established Member
svt99rag said:
anyone running a 2.93 without a tune?

Why on earth would you do that? Too cheap to get a $100 dyno tune and would rather blow up your expensive motor? good call

svt99rag

Established Member
Cold Brew said:
Why on earth would you do that? Too cheap to get a $100 dyno tune and would rather blow up your expensive motor? good call
Do you see a 2.93 pulley in my sig? no, it was just a question...I have read where some guys have been running smaller pulleys on cobras and lightnings without tuning them.

Last edited:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
hey svt99rag, if i were u dude, i would talk to the guys at lightning force performance, i dont know if all vendors do it, but when i bought their 2.93 with quick change hub kit, it came with a tune for free, look up their kit on their site its a great deal, ask for jesse or mike they are very helpful.

to answer your question, no dont run a smaller pulley without a tune, its dangerous, u could seriously do some damage to that expensive motor when u could prevent such a thing with a free tune from lfp.

http://lightningforceperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=234_140&products_id=226
for the pulley kit.

scroll down for the pulley puller.
they are about 89$ a piece so for about 180$ plus shipping and tax, u can put the pulley on yourself, its not hard, oh and 35$ for a gatorback belt.
and u'll get a free tune.

Users who are viewing this thread