Terminators for sale

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1469971

Haha juuust kidding. But seriously Bdubbs, at your horsepower and mod level (I know how you feel about “happy dynos”) if you actually launched the car and drove it to its full potential you would want a SRA. Garage queen IRS purists need not apply. The right tire and launch eventually breaks stuff on a IRS for those who know. I had a fully built FTBR IRS with all the goodies and went SRA this year and I won’t be looking back. It’s not negative to see a car for sale in the market with a SRA done right and it surely does not mean that cobra is worth any less than a IRS cobra. If anything it shows the previous owner cared enough about the car to not put additional stress on the drivetrain if you are in the market for a cobra with more horsepower than came from the factory. I know it’s your preference and you are entitled to it but if you’d actually drive that cream puff Redfire of yours like God intended you’d feel different!
Hey I drive my car! I just prefer the open twisty roads. And I feel the car handles pretty good, and the IRS helps.

If I solely wanted to make passes at the track, then yes maybe a SRA. But that's probably why I would stay clear from a 03-04 cobra with a SRA if I was in the market to buy another cobra. Because I see a SRA cobra, I have a good idea on what life it's had prior. Not, "hey previous owner put in a sra for better handling".

I have plenty of fun ripping gears from 2nd through 4th. Gets me close to 140mph right at 6500 rpms. :)

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

D-MANN

Established Member
There’s enough irs Cobras that street race around here that say plenty of the life they have. The street is forgiving. Take it to the track and you will find the week spots of the irs. Solid axle takes the abuse and is driven the exact same way irs street driver Cobras are. The plus with a solid is you do t leave with your car on a flat bed at the track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
There’s enough irs Cobras that street race around here that say plenty of the life they have. The street is forgiving. Take it to the track and you will find the week spots of the irs. Solid axle takes the abuse and is driven the exact same way irs street driver Cobras are. The plus with a solid is you do t leave with your car on a flat bed at the track.

So if a solid axle is just as good as the irs for the street and all around handling, why did Ford go back to the irs?

maxrider

Established Member
SRA was plus for me. I’m a straight line guy so the IRS was not needed for me. If anyone needs a complete IRS hit me up I got on in my way in my shop.

maxrider

Established Member
Another thing I like about the the terminator is the looks. Plus it’s not a 4100# tank like the new cars. The 05 and up cars just don’t do for me. Terminator is by far the best looking mustang IMO.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
He's accusing you of using "gamma hydroxybutyrate".

Man, there have been some bizarre ass postings today for terminator talk. This isn't smack down

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
LAME
Yeah cause that has relevance in this situation. You can make fun of my grammar. But be prepared that I make fun of you. And don't resort to threats. Once you get but hurt. I'm not
It's all good, I really don't get offended all that easy. I made no threat's, just noticed we live fairly close to each other.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
It's all good, I really don't get offended all that easy. I made no threat's, just noticed we live fairly close to each other.

I'm good too. Pretty sure all us up here in the upper midwest are crabby by now. Come down to street machine national B in July. We can check out each other's rides.

D-MANN

Established Member
So if a solid axle is just as good as the irs for the street and all around handling, why did Ford go back to the irs?

What I was getting at is straight line performance and that’s what the majority of us do. How many YouTube vids are there of of guys going around corners in these cars and if there is how many give a crap? Just cause one keeps the irs doesn’t mean it’s any more mint of a car than a guy who puts a solid in it and uses the car the exact same way a irs owner does.

GodStang

Established Member
Damn @Godstang, I live in a small town as well. Yes my friends have some faster cars, but for the majority I bet mines faster than 95% of the cars I see on the street.

I'm not talking about one's that never make it out of the garage.

This area is heavily Corvettes. Everyone and their brother has one. Just in my close group of buddies (known 10 years plus) have Modded ZR1, Twin Turbo Viper, Supercharged and spray Viper, Twin turbo C5 Z06 Mallet, Procharged C5, TT 03 Cobra and a few others. These are just the solid street cars not to mention the heavy track cars.

Users who are viewing this thread